What's your worst mod?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
We'll everyone always goes on about the great mods but what about the worst one's?
No one mentions these.

for me it's got to be the SPEC stage 1 uprated clutch and steel SMF... I HATE IT!!!!

TBH I had wished it would slip so I had an excuse to change the fecker.
I find it really difficult around town not to stall and steep hill starts are embarrassing.

What's yours?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I`ve been lucky other than choosing the wrong FMIC style before BT.

Mind you there was a period where the car sported 2 chrome effect flames around the side indicators which could have got me into bother with the SCN fashion police..

flamepic.jpg

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
tbh i have no bad mods... only thing ive ever changed is the suspension which im doing just now form janspeed shocks and spring to weitec coilies.

the janspeed are ok aswell for normal driving.

maybe making the mistake of using ebay cv joint! but that is a minor cost one

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Not on a SEAT but on a MK2 1.4S fiesta I "fitted" a "sports exhaust" which basically was a chrome finished tube, so hacked off the rear box and used exhaust gumming stuff and a metal wrap to fit it. Sounded great for 5 min then the gum overheated and cracked and it basically sounded like a knackered exhaust, which in effect it was.. ah the things you do when your young..

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Worst mod I've done on an LCR was the Richbrook shortened bee-sting aerial. Although it didn't look any worse than the OE one the reception was shocking.

Performance wise it would have to be the set of HR coilovers on my old Lupo GTi. Had them set up and aligned as fair cost, and let me confirm the product was very high quality, and never failed in any way. They just didn't suit the super short wheel base and I had horrific issues stopping or controlling the car on very bad a/b roads. Just a bad choice of mod for the car.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I had boge turbo dampers with H&R springs on my mk3 golf a few years back - worst ride ever for british roads although when you found a smooth straight it did really feel togetherand was quite fun but was OTT for what i wanted and the roads near me. As for my leon im quite picky these days, i only really buy performance mods that are tried, tested and reviewed by others as i hate to waste my time on somehting i wont like and will have to remove and refit with a better part at another date.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Nothing yet really.

The only things I can think of are I prefer the soft feel of the OE clutch compared to the SACHS organic, also the dog bone mount will always be slightly more vibey than stock. So much so I have to plug in the passanger seat belt because the clip vibrates annoyinly at a particular resonance.

This is really nit picking though.

bigxdan

has to be the lexus rear lights that i put on my leon now have a sweet set of led ones on there all good!!!

danny20vt

going back to basics
no bad ones on my Leon but past experiences include an "on a mission" sticker on my first car, fiesta rs turbo stick on bonnet vents, red and black bucket style seat covers,:hide: on a 1.2 mk 1 clio and TURBO on the back of my 1.9 306 diesel, none turbo by the way:whistle:

i should really hang my head in shame but these were about 10 years ago

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
mine was probably the cold air scoop that fixed behind the nearside headlight....other than that im happy with all my mods they have a purpose one way or the other....
I really wanted these to be good, but as soon as I saw the design of the hose end (oval) 'I was out'

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
mine was probably the cold air scoop that fixed behind the nearside headlight....other than that im happy with all my mods they have a purpose one way or the other....

I really wanted these to be good, but as soon as I saw the design of the hose end (oval) 'I was out'

Unfortunatley they were'nt that great :(

I did'nt like my BMC CDA either

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.