Wheel Adapters

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
Hi guys, just wanted some opinions on quality/strength of adapters

Been looking at Hubcentric VW to Porsche adapters made from billet steel because dont want to pay for Alloy ones and steel ones dont strip threads like alloy ones apparently?

Anyone had experiences with hubcentric steel ones?

Thanks

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I have a pair of adapters at home, one of which has a few damaged threads. I think this was down to my fault but ive also bought a 2nd hand set and the threads were damaged. Its easy enough to do but if they werent strong enough they wouldnt sell them.

Obviously the aluminium ones are lighter but they will still be offsetting the weight of the wheel on the hubs/bearings etc so id expect these parts to wear slightly quicker.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I've got 7j fronts with a 25mm adapter and 8j rears with a 30mm adapter and I think I could do with abit more stagger to be honest. All personal preference though.

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
If you buy the H&R adaptors you get the correct bolts for bolting the adaptor to the hub and the wheel to the adaptor, ive been running my D90s for 3 years with 25mm fronts and 30mm rears using 8J rims allround with only 1 issue of threads stripping (monkey with an air gun !!)

I would highly recomend buying a set of adaptors from H&R or another branded name

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
ive just bout some merc bolts 23mm long of ebay for 20mm adapters all round, now just waiting on the adapters to turn up :(

23mm long? so when it goes through the wheel wouldn't that make the thread like 13mm? (as the wheel has hole thickness of like 10mm, probably more)
don't quote me on this, just asking :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
the bolt hole width through is less than 10mm but like only 7-8mm. i take it this will be ok

well personally i would want 19mm of thread on a 20mm adaptor
i would measure the hole thickness personally, as i just said 10mm for a round figure :)

don't want ya bolts coming loose!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members