wheel alignment problem!

pete-marshall

just had a digital 4 wheel alignment done after re-doing suspension, got a print out and it shows adjustments...
Still got the same problems as before though, (car pulling to one side, front wheels skittering about at full lock).

I can't make sense of the printout so was wondering if anyone could help me not sound like a total **** before i phone up arnold clark and shout at them!

have they just done a **** job? could i have worn suspension joints?

Cheers in advance!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Pete,

reminds me of a problem i had with my 8v after having it on lowering springs.

its a long storey pete so ill cut to the chase.....one tyre had more tread on than the other and it was pulling to that side. I shouted at the garage after having a 4 wheel aligment, they moved the tyre to the back of the car and the problem went.

done.

pete-marshall

ah ye my tyres are a bit worn in places, i'll have a better look this afternoon! none of my wheels are weighted at all so i might try just swapping them round, maybe put the rear ones on the front.

The printout is good, lists camber, caster, toe, everything really. Im just having trouble making sense of it, will try and find my camera and put it up.

Cheers again!

pete-marshall

oh, forgot to mention, as this might be of interest to anyone next time they get it done..

it was done on a new blue tooth machine and cost me £50. This is in no way an advert as i'm still sceptical about the work done, and im not entirely sure the figures on mine add up! But when searching the forum I found prices for 4 wheel alignments ranging from 60 to 90 pounds!

Have got the good tyres on the front now so will give it a proper test when i go skiing tomorow!

pete-marshall

And the tea set goes to orange muffin!

Cheers mate, was a blast, working fine now!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Pete,

reminds me of a problem i had with my 8v after having it on lowering springs.

its a long storey pete so ill cut to the chase.....one tyre had more tread on than the other and it was pulling to that side. I shouted at the garage after having a 4 wheel aligment, they moved the tyre to the back of the car and the problem went.

done.

I wonder if that is the problem I have with mine just now. The front end doesnt feel so planted as it did a few months back. Theres more tread on the rear tyres than the front, but its even wear on the front ones. Getting top mounts changed tomorrow as I know they were worn if it doesnt go away that may be something to look at.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.