wheel arch

rubezz

alright today i made a small dent in my back wheel arch down at the bottom left when i scraped across a ******* metal fence.

how would u usually go about sorting this out? with regard to sorting the dent

its not really bad but its annoying.

a panel beating or something? full new panel?

any advice appriecated, first time owning a car so not got a clue what i shoud do, cheers

its a lcr and i will pay for it myself not claim insurance - not worth claiming

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
alright today i made a small dent in my back wheel arch down at the bottom left when i scraped across a ******* metal fence.

how would u usually go about sorting this out? with regard to sorting the dent

its not really bad but its annoying.

a panel beating or something? full new panel?

any advice appriecated, first time owning a car so not got a clue what i shoud do, cheers

its a lcr and i will pay for it myself not claim insurance - not worth claiming

I'd take it to a local bodyshop and ask them for a quote to fix it

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
wouldnt id need a respray after that?

It is just a dent or has the paint been cracked/scraped?

If it's just a dent and the paint is good the you can phone up one of these dent removal places (see yellowpages)

But if the paint is damaged it may need respayed. get a picture up.

I was just saying to take it to a bodyshop as they will see it and beable to advise.

Cheers

Danny

rubezz

the paint is scraped at the wheel arch and across the bottom of the door there is a long white score across the door.
i have one of those flash red paint pens.. it comes with a lacquer and the red paint.. if i waxed in the red paint into the white line across the door, do u think this would help? would it stay on? and would i need to apply the lacquer 1st before the paint so the red paint stays on? because i think the lacquer may be just to fill in stonechip marks??

can anyone help