Wheel Centre Cap removal

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
Sorry i know this is more of a general question- but i have just got a Toledo v5, and i want to change the wheels as im not too keen on them. However, i cant find the centre cap removal tool anywhere!!

Is there anywhere i can buy one, or indeed has anyone got a spare one?

Cheers
Alex

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
is it the black circle one or is it the one with the circle and 5 small circles round the edge? if it is the later then you can use a flat head screwdriver to pop it off

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The centre cap on mine is attached to the wheel. Take the wheel off and give it a thump from the outer side of the wheel, and it will pop out. It doesn't come off without taking the wheel off.

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
The centre cap on mine is attached to the wheel. Take the wheel off and give it a thump from the outer side of the wheel, and it will pop out. It doesn't come off without taking the wheel off.

It is one that covers the bolt holes unfortunately so you cant take the wheel off before you remove the cap.

It is the cap with the two small removal holes. The standard 150 wheels (the early ones)

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Pliers & a coat-hanger

you want to bend the last 5mm or so as close to 90deg as you can (might be worth checking the 'wire' is small enough to go through one of the holes before spending too long crafting it into a removal tool)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members