Wheel nut covers

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
ok up to you, but the one's i posted about have no hole's in them. look better imo. if you did want a shiney / gloss finish you could spray em.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
I agree no holes would be better but what the hell is TPS? And if I'm spraying I may aswell do the ones I have now.

Good job I'm only asking about wheel nuts imagine if it was something complicated :)

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I gave my original ones a quick clean, sand, dusting of primer then a few coats of satin paint i had lying around. You do have to be more careful removing them but they look great, a hell of a lot better than the originals which were turning white

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
hiya, ive got these (obviously) on my Cupra R but have no tool to remove them, i need to take my wheel off and cant get to the nutsn themselves...any idea of what i can use instead to grab hold of the things and take them off?

Dont worry, sorted, had to use a pair of long nose pliers.

Last edited:

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Cant you just buy the removal tool? Failing that get some long nosed pliers maybe?

Others may have a more solid suggestion.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
hita, thanks for your reply, but yeah got them off with long nose pliers. those jacking point covers are a real *****bag to put back on again aren't they?! stupid bloody things, anyway, finally got it on with a few choice words.

after all of that i couldn't take the wheel off anyway, the nuts are too tight, and even with my 13 stone body jumping down on the wrench wasn't budging it. i tried all sorts and ended up moving the whole car more than one nut.

Meh.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
hita, thanks for your reply, but yeah got them off with long nose pliers. those jacking point covers are a real *****bag to put back on again aren't they?! stupid bloody things, anyway, finally got it on with a few choice words.

after all of that i couldn't take the wheel off anyway, the nuts are too tight, and even with my 13 stone body jumping down on the wrench wasn't budging it. i tried all sorts and ended up moving the whole car more than one nut.

Meh.

Your not having much luck!

There's a knack to it. Tend not to take them off if I can get away with it.

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
I got mine from VW for both locking and normal wheel nut. Think they were about 22p each. If you want the part numbers just let me know

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.