wheel nut help

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Yeah that was going to be my next comment, i've used easy-outs loads of times and find them essential. I've got a set of the square shanked ones, found they are better than the screw shanked ones.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Either use a stud remover if you can get one big enough to grab the bolt head,
Or, drill with a 14mm bit (m14 wheel bolts) until the head drops off..
Or, drill in a fair amount, use a anticlockwise thread tap and anticlockwise bolt.. thread new bolt into old bolt to give you something to grip and remove that way.

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
I would say that they would be strong enough, just got to get a good bite the first time.

Don't know if it would be possible to tack weld on another bolt to the inside of the hex, space might be an issue?

Instead of heat to loosen, have you tried usind that cold shock spray that loctie make, i found it very good in the past.

Good luck

Andy

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
James, as above, An easy out should be strong enough.

Have you tried belting it with a hammer and punch and loads of 'Plusgas' penetrent?

If you can get your hub off and you can be without the car for a few days take this to a engineering firm with pedestal drill.

There was a thread before where the guy cut off the alloy..................honestly!!!!

There were very good hiensight engineers on that one, think it was in the video section, you actually saw the guy cutting off the alloy.

Are there not any mutli fit sockets that you can batter on and allow you to back this off.

Try impact gun deep socket say in 16mm, presumming your one was 17mm anyway, and batter this on.

If its stays on there you will manage to get the bolt out, if it doesn't, nothing lost.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'd be tempted to try the tack weld. Get a decent sized nut, get it on the end and tack weld the inside of it. Then use a normal socket wrench on the outside to get the whole thing off.

Or as Danny said, drill the head off, remove the wheel then a pair of molegrips on the rest of the bolt should get it off there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.