When did you order, when is it arriving?

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Not stupid at all! But I just emailed my dealer and they sent it to me straight away. I would hope your leasing company would do the same.
I emailed my dealer for my SLI number yesterday after speaking to Ruby at Cupra, but as yet no response. Wondered if 5 weeks since order was too soon to be asking for it, however any emails I've sent since ordering have been really slow for a reply, yet emails before I confirmed my order were answered either within minutes or a couple of hours :unsure:

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Thanks all, will give leasing company a call and see if they will give me SLI number 👍👍

General Dryness

Jun 17, 2021
I emailed my dealer for my SLI number yesterday after speaking to Ruby at Cupra, but as yet no response. Wondered if 5 weeks since order was too soon to be asking for it, however any emails I've sent since ordering have been really slow for a reply, yet emails before I confirmed my order were answered either within minutes or a couple of hours :unsure:
I waited until 2 months had passed before I asked for my SLI number so maybe 5 weeks is being optimistic but If you don't ask, you don't get, so always worth a query.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big A

Mortey

Jun 2, 2021
I spoke with a rep at my leasing company who told me that they often are not told the reference number by the finance company because it may contain confidential details of the discounts/terms etc - yes, I know they’ve sold me a dud there. The SLI number is all about the manufacturer and the car and nothing to do with the finance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange, I was just given it. Hope you get more information soon.

Reactions: CupraNewboy

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Just spoke to Leasing company got SLI number, and an update. Car is built and currently awaiting shipping to the uk and on transporter. Expected delivery date 1st September to dealer. Give or take a few days. Exactly as specified when ordered. Can’t say fairer than that.

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Just spoke to Leasing company got SLI number, and an update. Car is built and currently awaiting shipping to the uk and on transporter. Expected delivery date 1st September to dealer. Give or take a few days. Exactly as specified when ordered. Can’t say fairer than that.
More promising news 👍🏼

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
that sounds about right .........:cautious:

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
I see the car transporter ship Aquarius Ace is due in Grimsby tomorrow. There’s a good chance that a few of us may get their cars very soon!
I live very near there indeed.....i did not realise the cupra came in to GY what other ships do they use ? and how do you get to find out .great info cheers

stubby276

May 4, 2021
I live very near there indeed.....i did not realise the cupra came in to GY what other ships do they use ? and how do you get to find out .great info cheers
I live nearby too. I was informed by my dealer that my car is in transit and ship due this week. I am hoping that mine is on Aquarius Ace. I was tracking United Spirit 2weeks ago as left Barcelona week after my build week..too hopeful.
Regarding other ships I think Comet Ace has been mentioned and I see a car transporter ship called City Of Oslo left Barcelona today heading to Grimsby (due to arrive 9th August).

Reactions: ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
I live nearby too. I was informed by my dealer that my car is in transit and ship due this week. I am hoping that mine is on Aquarius Ace. I was tracking United Spirit 2weeks ago as left Barcelona week after my build week..too hopeful.
Regarding other ships I think Comet Ace has been mentioned and I see a car transporter ship called City Of Oslo left Barcelona today heading to Grimsby (due to arrive 9th August).
I got the nod on Monday that my car had left the factory. build week 29 the 19th july no idea how long it takes to be put on a ship though...

Reactions: Big A

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
shame there is no way of finding out exactly where the car is ,when I had a golf R built I could even follow its progress through the factory at each stage inc loading onto the ship. it was very good indeed.

stubby276

May 4, 2021
I was informed 6th July that my car was being built so I think Build week 27. I was optimistically expecting it to be on the ship by the following week (United Spirit left Barcelona 12th July), so it looks like it might take 2-3 weeks to get on the move...hopefully lots of testing the infotainment🤞

stubby276

May 4, 2021
shame there is no way of finding out exactly where the car is ,when I had a golf R built I could even follow its progress through the factory at each stage inc loading onto the ship. it was very good indeed.
I had the same thing with Vauxhall some years ago. Don't they know how much anxiety is floating around knowing where our cars are!🤯😁

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
i used leasing options this time around and initially emails flowed they answered the phone and returned calls but recently nothing until i did all the chasing.
I have ordered mine direct from local Cupra dealer. The initial test drive and ordering was spot on and when emailed over the following couple of days to finalise things emails flowed quickly, but once I confirmed my final order I heard nothing. I thought I would get an email to say my car has been ordered and a summary of the final spec, but got nothing at all. Left it a few weeks and emailed them just to check all ordered ok and heard nothing for a week exactly until he called me to say there was no more news. When I spoke to Ruby at Cupra, she advised that I should call my dealer and they’d give me the SLI number, but thought it easier to email and still await a reply. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon.