When did you order, when is it arriving?

Bamb69

Dec 6, 2022
Had confirmation today my week 42 build V2 auto 4WD will be in dealer stock in 3 weeks.

Reactions: RJP

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Just a little update, had the VZ1 since the 9th sept and covered 2000 miles. No problems so far and loving the experience. Two small niggles: wing mirror de-mister is useless, just doesn’t seem to work very fast, the other is the lane assist which is More dangerous than a safety aid. Apart from these couple of issues it’s been a joy to drive and the cabin is such a nice place to be.
Happy rides! In my VZ the demisting is quite good, it takes a couple of minutes the most and then it demists in notime at all, as for the lane assist and start/stop function I deactivate them as soon as I start the car and everytime I restart.

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Just received a email yesterday to say my V2 is now in transit was built in October 2022, just the 6 weeks waiting game now for it to arrive in uk 🤞🏻

Reactions: RJP

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
@Baron; That’s an interesting situation you’ve been placed in. I’ve no experience of buying a brand new Cupra or Seat, but my experience with VW is that historically, if there are any changes (upgrades) to spec, then customers with existing orders waiting for their cars to be built just get the benefit of those changes when their car is built without being asked to pay extra.

I wonder whether Cupra/ Seat would reduce the price of a customer’s car if they reduced the spec of a customer’s car? Will all those owners whose cars were delivered without an engine cover get a refund if the cover is never supplied? I very much doubt it 🤔.

Edit; it’d be worth checking the small print in the T&C’s on your original order form to see whether there’s an item covering manufacturer-initiated changes in vehicle spec and whether it gives Cupra the right to make an adjustment to the contractually agreed price you signed up to.
I ordered a V2 with pan roof which meant I had to pay extra for the black headlining. After I placed my order Cupra changed the spec for V2 model to include black headlining, but I never got a refund on the extra I had paid. I got a good discount on the original list price so not too fussed, but just to respond to your comment about the manufacturer not reducing the price for changes in spec.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
All has come tumbling down with my Formentor order. Cupra/Seat/VW Ireland have told me(through a dealer update) that all offers are now void, nothing will be honoured. I have to pay €6,990 more for my car or they'll give it to somebody else if I don't accept the change. It is to be built is 2-3 weeks so they'd like to think they have me over a barrel.

Won't honour the PCP Offer
Won't honour the Impulse event offer
Have to pay more extra parts I didn't want
That sucks big time.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
All has come tumbling down with my Formentor order. Cupra/Seat/VW Ireland have told me(through a dealer update) that all offers are now void, nothing will be honoured. I have to pay €6,990 more for my car or they'll give it to somebody else if I don't accept the change. It is to be built is 2-3 weeks so they'd like to think they have me over a barrel.

Well I’d be saying erm no chance, you will be entitled to your deposit back as they have changed the terms.

kevinb

May 4, 2022
Well I’d be saying erm no chance, you will be entitled to your deposit back as they have changed the terms.
Do you not have a contract of sale and purchase to cover this? I live in Portugal and my deal was fixed from signature.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Do you not have a contract of sale and purchase to cover this? I live in Portugal and my deal was fixed from signature.
They have the right to change spec as long as they let you know, but price increases are not covered by that. They have to tell you and give you the option to agree or disagree so you are entitled to a refund.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021

That is absolutely disgusting and unprofessional behaviour and I'd be visiting the dealer showroom and letting everyone in there, customers and staff, know what sort of business they run.

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
My V2 standard was built mid October but has been stuck in production ever since. Dealer says it's status is still stuck in production.
I was given a original delivery date of December but as it's a 6 week delivery wait to the UK so looks like March at the earliest if and when it finally leaves production.

Feb 1, 2022
No contract. Will be my 3rd new car in 7 years and none of them had a contract, Renault, Seat and Skoda(different dealers). Just a receipt for a deposit. I've another car on order anyway, Tucson PHEV as a backup where I paid €200. Again, no contract. Just a receipt for the deposit.
Unfortunately if there is no contract there is nothing to bind them and they would have to absorb the increase themselves and may end up turning a loss.

Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the club mate. X
Picking up my VZe (PHEV) tomorrow after nearly 14 months (!). Got a good discount on the vehicle when I signed the contract , plus a now discontinued hefty Government subsidy. With CUPRA increasing sticker price by around €5000, i'm driving out with a car that is woth 60% more then when ordered. All in all, hopefully well worth the wait!

Reactions: Oily

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
RJP have you heard anything yet?
Mine has gone into build (last week), apparently. Lease company said there won't be any further update until the factory release the vehicle! I'll update when it leaves the factory. Not sure how long that will take, but almost 2 weeks in build so far.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members