When did you order, when is it arriving?

IDavies

Oct 1, 2022
Mine has gone into build (last week), apparently. Lease company said there won't be any further update until the factory release the vehicle! I'll update when it leaves the factory. Not sure how long that will take, but almost 2 weeks in build so far.
Fingers crossed 🤞 it all goes to plan 👍

Reactions: RJP
Sep 1, 2022
Italy
Hi All,
my Formentor was ordered in the end of June 2022, and arrived at the beginning of January 2023. I can consider myself quite lucky with only 6 months waiting.

The car is a 2.0 TSI 245hp VZ, with top-view camera, copper rims, matte paint, electronic tailgate and blu leather seats (This last one delay the arrival of the car by 2 months, due microchip shortage).

For the non-hybrid model the average waiting time here in Italy is 4-6 months, for the Hybrid the situation is totally worse.

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
Initially build date was build week 39, then got pushed back to 40 (17th October).

Still unsure how people who ordered after me received there's earlier then me...
Happened to me, I ordered a Hybrid V with Metallic paint and 3 options(Elec tailgate, alarm and an XL pack) arguably 4 with the paint and I was shown the screen where a guy way way before me ordered metallic and 2 options and he still didn't have a build date. Dealer was shocked when he pulled up the system as I simply walked in the door and said "what is happening with my order?" so he hadn't checked and fair enough he can't be checking constantly either.

As far as I know my order is still for build in Week 5(week commencing this day next week). Nobody has told me any further information since Christmas week so I shall assume it still to be the case.

Reactions: Finallyformentor

CHARCAR

May 5, 2022
So it's arrived in the UK.

Why does it take so long after to receive it?
Yeah mine has arrived at the dock but the dealer said it wouldn't be ready until at least feb anyway as it has to be sent to the dealers prepped etc, i decided to wait for the new plate in March as it will be released a couple weeks after it will ready anyway.

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
What are they doing in the UK ports that is taking so long. Isn't the PDI done at the dealers? Surely it's just throw them on the correct truck and away they go?

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019
Just been advised i'm build wk7 - V2 in Graphene Grey. Estimated to arrive mid-March. Current Leon Cupra due back early March so best get extending my current lease.

Finallyformentor

Jan 17, 2023
Yeah mine has arrived at the dock but the dealer said it wouldn't be ready until at least feb anyway as it has to be sent to the dealers prepped etc, i decided to wait for the new plate in March as it will be released a couple weeks after it will ready anyway.
Yeah - I've asked the same, If I can wait for the 23 plate.

We have waited this long, what's another couple of weeks :p

Reactions: CHARCAR

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Hi guys, so I ordered my 1.5 v2 cupda formentor last year in end of the month in august 2022. Then I received my build date week 41 October 10th 2022. Then this month I got my email to say it’s finally in transit. Can anyone tell me what ships cupra commonly use? I have checked united spirit but looks like that’s heading to Italy

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Hi guys, so I ordered my 1.5 v2 cupda formentor last year in end of the month in august 2022. Then I received my build date week 41 October 10th 2022. Then this month I got my email to say it’s finally in transit. Can anyone tell me what ships cupra commonly use? I have checked united spirit but looks like that’s heading to Italy
Hello. I'm not familiar with what ships they use, sorry. Did yours actually go into build at week 41? That's a huge gap between build week and being in transit! Mine went into build week 2 2023 and no update since.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hello. I'm not familiar with what ships they use, sorry. Did yours actually go into build at week 41? That's a huge gap between build week and being in transit! Mine went into build week 2 2023 and no update since.
It was probably partially built but because of ongoing supply shortages, it’s likely it was waiting for semiconductors or semiconductor-dependent parts to complete the build - hence the gap between built week and being in transit.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
It was probably partially built but because of ongoing supply shortages, it’s likely it was waiting for semiconductors or semiconductor-dependent parts to complete the build - hence the gap between built week and being in transit.
Yeah, must be the case. I was hopeful that wouldn't be happening, with cars waiting for parts, but sounds like it is the case.

Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer still! 16 months and counting.

Bamb69

Dec 6, 2022
M V2 DSG 4WD was built week 42 and is in the UK port, so should get mine soon. The semi conductor situation is totally unpredictable in the industry and the builds are updated weekly where I work depending on supply.( I work at the Nissan car plant) .

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Mine was built in October 2022, and it was stuck in production because of lack of semi conductor and awaiting part so that’s why it’s took 6 months. It’s nearly here though

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
I've just had an update. Ordered v2 September 22. Build week 43 which was end of October and has been stuck in production ever since waiting for semi conductors. No extras on car just standard v2.
Dealer has said it's still in production.
Crazy when other people with build weeks after mine have had theirs transported to the UK.
There's no sense how they are being released from the factory

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I've just had an update. Ordered v2 September 22. Build week 43 which was end of October and has been stuck in production ever since waiting for semi conductors. No extras on car just standard v2.
Crazy when other people with build weeks after mine have had theirs transported to the UK.
That's mad. Mine has been in the factory for 3 weeks and no update, so I imagine I'm going to be in a similar situation. Good luck and hope you get an update soon! Mine was ordered in July 2021!

Reactions: ScoobyD00

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Yeah it’s frustrating isn’t it. Mine really should be here in next couple weeks if it’s at Port of Spain. Waited 7 months now I’m aware because I had ordered extra part but I thought I was over the line with the wait. Really hope not long left

Last edited:
Reactions: ScoobyD00

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
What's this priority thing that cupra are offering? Seems to say 21 days from order to delivery.
I asked about it when ordering, wasn't available in Ireland but was in other countries. I was more or less told it was more quickly available to countries with LHD and similar variants than those with RHD orders so Ireland do not offer it.

My Formentor order is due for build WK05, which is around now. Dealer hasn't bothered updating me on anything since December, including what the actual cost of the vehicle will be(as they moved the goalposts). Madness. As much as I'd like the Formentor everybody from VAG Ireland and the dealer has really let themselves down.

• Sad
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.