When high beams are activated the projectors do not tilt up

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Why are the Mk3 face-lift's LED headlights better than the Mk4's?

The more I hear about the MK4 the more I'm sure it won't be my next car.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Reflash the ecu should do the tricks. I assumed before they handed over the car they did a software update and not followed the documentation correctly. If you would have a obd11 you would found some error in headlight module and central unit

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I'm coming from MK3 seat and the MK4 led a much better. But needed to be adjusted as from factory they were too low
Same with the adjustment on the MK 4 but I find the projectors don't seem as bright as the MK3 face lift lights, but yeah the original MK3 lights were really dull.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My FR, glad they finally admit it's an issue.

20221018_183533_AdobeExpress.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Martineric96

Martineric96

Oct 16, 2022
Hi Guys,

Just an update to say that the issue has now been fixed by the dealer. They applied a 'Software Update To ECU Ref: Headlights Issues' which has sorted the issue.

Thanks

Reactions: Yern

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Glad you got it sorted, although the dealer's original response "that's just how it's supposed to be" demonstrates how much you should trust anything from a dealership.
Some are definitely better than others, but you're right. Too often it appears they patently just can't be bothered.
From the description of the fix given by the OP, it appears there is a Technical Service Bulletin covering the issue. Obviously they hadn't checked for that originally.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Martineric96