Where should I buy a SACHS clutch from?

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I was going to get the clutch and remap done in house, but it apppears that no one wants the work :weedy: no response to emails.

So I thought stuff it, buy the clutch and get the local trusted garage to do it. Then get the remap.

I'm all for keeing it local, but the idea of using an a SCN sponsored outfit for the job was appealing i.e. they are not going to rip you off/stuff up the job. right?

Get the clutch done, get the remap. then ARB's, brakes...

Assuming that the right thing to do is to continue on this basis, can anyone point me to where to buy the SACHS clutch?

Since I've been at work i.e. 9 o'clock 'till now, I've been looking at threads, google... so no smart comments re search!

Awesome, TTS, JBS do not appear to sell SACHS clutches. I don't really want to waste any more work time.

Please help!

P.S. This is for a 150PD Leon, organic clutch.

Last edited:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Got mine done at JBS - excellent bunch of fella's :)

Got a Sachs clutch kit, dogbone mounts, short shifter & green panel filter all done at the same time from there - think it took about 4/5 hours all in :D

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
JBS do appear to get hold of the SACHS clutch judging from a couple of threads - why do they not mention this on their site?! :confused:

They advertise the JBS Kevlar clutch holding up to 400lb/ft torque - no SACHS items.

According to the thread back in August - £460+VAT delivered or £660 + VAT delivered.

I will ask for an updated quote - thanks ChrisUK:thumbup:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Cheers ChrisUK

spoke to Mike early this afternoon and ordered (see JBS thread). I didn't know that the clutch uses the o/e thrust bearing - if that's how it works....

Seems a nice genuine bloke over the phone.

Many thanks for your help/link :cheers: once again

Clutch is booked in a week today (local garage - good guys)

front and rear neuspeed ARB's ordered today from awesome plus powerflex bush for the 'dogbone' engine mount. Booked in local garage for fitting next Thursday.

Appreciated.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
They advertise the JBS Kevlar clutch holding up to 400lb/ft torque - no SACHS items.

I have this now and I'm wondering about the rating. It's a strong clutch but I'm not up to 400 lb/ft and mine slips under serious use, thankfully normal driving is OK. I'm having to swap out now for a 600 lb/ft clutch before I'm left stranded somewhere.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
JBS charged £451.67 incl VAT and p & p for the both plates delivered. About another £200 + VAT for them to fit it - Chesterfield....

According to Mike, the kit direct from Germany did not include the thust bearing and you're meant to use the o/e one.

For the record I picked up one from the local main dealer for £35.11 inc VAT this weekend

Local garage to fit the clutch - about £200. It's just like fitting a standard item according to previous threads

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter

:cartman::cartman: And it's arrived too. Thanks to SPEC USA, now have a clutch rated to 560 lb/ft at the wheels, and an ultra light flywheel. The whole clutch together only weighs 12kg. [B)]

DSCN1641.jpg

DSCN1642.jpg

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Bugger that's nice.

It's absolutely criminal that it's gonna be lost forever in eternal darkness.

Buy another one so you just can lookat it! :drool:

No prizes where that came from? TTS?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
No prizes where that came from? TTS?

Nope - I rang up SPEC in Alabama and got it sent direct through a "friend" in the USA. Came to me with an Xmas card on the front, labelled as a gift. ;) So it only cost me £600 all in (sorry, I meant it cost my friend £600 - It was "free" of course) - The same price I paid for my Kevlar clutch whose strength I've now sadly surpassed. It is lovely, and I've set the flywheel pic as my desktop wallpaper, so I'll remember it once it's been buried. [B)]

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Nope - I rang up SPEC in Alabama and got it sent direct through a "friend" in the USA. Came to me with an Xmas card on the front, labelled as a gift. ;) So it only cost me £600 all in (sorry, I meant it cost my friend £600 - It was "free" of course) - The same price I paid for my Kevlar clutch whose strength I've now sadly surpassed. It is lovely, and I've set the flywheel pic as my desktop wallpaper, so I'll remember it once it's been buried. [B)]

Erm...........can your overseas 'freind' be my 'freind' too?

Thats a rare saving!!!!!! :-o erm..........and for a 560lb/ft setup thats just not fair! I'm only after something around 350lb/ft.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Erm...........can your overseas 'freind' be my 'freind' too?

Thats a rare saving!!!!!! :-o erm..........and for a 560lb/ft setup thats just not fair! I'm only after something around 350lb/ft.

I don't want to inconvenience the chap too much. :D I've already got another clutch going through him from SPEC, so would rather not. If you're only after 350 lb/ft ish, then there's cheaper - like the sachs clutch. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise