Where to run with your wires in a Ibiza FR 2007.

PWB

Maybe this has been asked before, but I searched this and thousands of other sites without results.

Im planning to install a music installation into my car, my amps and sub in the trunk, but I have really no idea where to run with my wires? How to remove the plastics bits at the side of my door, and how to install new speakers at the back.

Does anyone have a manual or know a good site where I can get some usefull information?

Thank you very much!

Stijn

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
most plastic bits can be removed by a combination of torx screws, and gently/hard pulling bits of plastic off :)

once you remove the panels you can probably see how the speakers are mounted, which will give you more idea of how to remove them

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
yeah to remove the bottom sills, give them a strong pull upwards. the part along the front seats is easy. fyi it's it is a single bit of plastic that runs all the way from the front door to the back seats.

to remove this rear part of the sill, i had to also pull off the back side panels. again just a strong-ish pull, once you get a peak you can see the sort of plastic popper things that keep them in place. i have at least 2 poppers that have dissappeared just in front of the right rear wheel arch :p

definitely something to be done when you have lots of light

PWB

Okey guys thank you for the reply's for the sills just give em a gentle but hard pul ? :) It will work. As for last, does someone know how to remove the back pannels L and R for adding some back speakers?

Thank you

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
for the panels just start pising them off where they meet the rubber seals by the doors and underneath the reas window

when you end up completely displacing the rear panels pay special attention to where the big sheet of plastic is with respect tothe rear speaker cones - you don't want to stab the cones with a bit of the plastic

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.