Where to store the user manual (guide) ?

Eblis

The reason I'm asking this is that for the last car i drove, a Passat there was a special compartment that could hold the user manual (guide) neatly, under the steering wheel, without taking up space in the glove box. I tried to find a similar location in the Leon but I couldn't find anything appropriate.
The compartment under the driver seat is not big enough to hold the manual and it takes too much space in the limited glove box.

Did you find a suitable location for the user guide ? Where do you keep yours ?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Glove box, although it did take up most of the glovebox.

It was in the house for a while though as well.

JD_SCN

Just left mine in the glove box. Don't really stored anything in there anyways.
Alex

Mine won't fit in the glove box!!!???
So i put mine in the mesh cargo net on the left handside of the boot. One bad thing about the leon is the storage, I feel everything is the wrong size! Glove box design is all wrong and the under seat storage is not deep enough!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I didn't find the Leon storage that bad.

You do have to cram the user guide into the glovebox, but on my Celica before that the posh leather bound handbook holder was far far bigger than the glovebox.

Glovebox and the two side pockets are all you need, the more you leave in the car the more chance of it getting broken into anyway. The storage net in the boot is useful too.

I didn't have any underseat storage as the iPod was under the drivers seat and not sure you were supposed to get that or storage on the back of the seats anyway.

CD holder was useless, but only because I had the iPod connector.

The cup holders are terrible though, only the front one is remotely usable and even then just for cans.

Why do manufacturers put the cup holders in naff places? I had an Mk.1 Focus and the cup holders were in the perfect place. The Mrs as an Mk 2 Focus as a hire car this week and I noticed they have moved the cup holders to make them unusable.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
The reason I'm asking this is that for the last car i drove, a Passat there was a special compartment that could hold the user manual (guide) neatly, under the steering wheel, without taking up space in the glove box. I tried to find a similar location in the Leon but I couldn't find anything appropriate.
The compartment under the driver seat is not big enough to hold the manual and it takes too much space in the limited glove box.

Did you find a suitable location for the user guide ? Where do you keep yours ?

In the loft until the car gets serviced and I want the service book stamped:D

wobblelino

Feb 7, 2008
Herts
The leon is terrible for storage space. The thing is, it's not like they haven't made an effort with storage but they didn't use their sense in putting in proper size. The glove box one is pathetic and the under passenger seat storage is a great idea but not big enough.

The passenger seat has storage behind it but why hasn't the driver seat?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Mine won't fit in the glove box!!!???
So i put mine in the mesh cargo net on the left handside of the boot. One bad thing about the leon is the storage, I feel everything is the wrong size! Glove box design is all wrong and the under seat storage is not deep enough!

It does fit. Just need to make sure that all the leaflets and manual are packed tightly into the wallet. DanGB here has managed to get a couple of CDs and his manuals into the glovebox of his Leon.
Alex

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.