Which aerial??

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
Hey all,

I'm looking at swapping my OEM aerial, I know alot of you have replaced with a Citroen C2 or a Honda Civic one.

Has anyone got any pics to help me decide which one to go for please and also which one is the best fit?

I'm going to do the Fabia rear wiper conversion, I went to my local Skoda dealer this morning and he looked at me like I had a scrotum stapled to my head when I told him it was for a LCR! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Phil. [B)]

my C2 aerial...

IMG_0763.jpg

lol, none at all... but I don't listen to the radio as I have this little beauty...

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

iPhone connection.

And I live in a sh!t reception area... If ever my mates want the footie on, on a long journey or what ever, I always keep the OEM in the boot ;)

Why thankyou, should bloody hope so... cost enough lol.

Alpine iDA-X305. http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpine-idax305-digital-media-receiver-p-8689.html

I highly recommend it... near flawless interface for the iPod or iPhone. Colours match the Leon LED stuff perfectly. Charges my phone too which is always handy...

Multimedia reciever... no CD-player, but can put a changer in the glove box... no point though as I own 2 cds lol, both of which are on my iPhone... lol

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
lf you change your aerial and find you start getting poor reception, you can buy a bit of kit from some where like Halfords for around £10 which you wire in to the aerial connection in the back on the stereo which enhances the signal and boosts the recpetion!
Only a 'bodge' fix l know, but it does the job if you do want to change the aerial and not lose you radio reception...

Yes... just remove the old one and screw in the new..

The OEM on isn't the easiest thing to remove as its got anti-theft...

Unscrew it as much as you can, fold it down, stand behind the car. One had on the base of the aerial, and then give it a massive tug... and really go for it... its hard lol.

Ben

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I've got the c2 aerial too. (click on my sig below to see lots of pics)

Reception does get slightly worse with local stations, but radio1 is still fine, and that's all I listen to anyway. One big downside is that I only get MW reception when car is stopped now. But who cares, it looks cool [B)]

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Just to break the trend I have marked the top of my aerial!
7120_272525895396_618605396_8644-1.jpg

I get very good reception!! lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members