Which catch can for Bam engine 1,8t

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Following up from my last thread about my pcv that split im now looking at purchasing a oil catch can to replace it! Ive already ordered the hose and fittings and need a catch can!

Which catch can would be best ?

This one with 19 - 15mm reducer near the tank?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-Alloy...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd65e3ef4

This one with 19mm inlet and outlet -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5L-0-5-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46237cbcdf

Only problem is the first one would be easy to baffle yourself but the second one I might be able to shuv a bit of brillo pad in hte inlets? lol

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
its alot of extra money for baffles even buying the cheap one im sure somewhere would cut the bottom off and reweld for a cheeky queens heed

Fitkin

Jan 30, 2014
Macclesfield
331167981919 just bought this one off eBay mate came today only took a week all the way from Singapore. It looks good quality as well, it has the 19mm fittings too so need to mess with the pipe reducers gonna fit it next week Carnt see it not working though and was a bargain at £29 delivered

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
331167981919 just bought this one off eBay mate came today only took a week all the way from Singapore. It looks good quality as well, it has the 19mm fittings too so need to mess with the pipe reducers gonna fit it next week Carnt see it not working though and was a bargain at £29 delivered

I bought the same one last month, I need to baffle it tho what do you guys use for baffling?

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
PHP:

Have you fitted it n decided to baffle it coz it's not doing anything? I was gonna see how I get on without baffling it

Yea I'm not 100% if it's doing what it should to be honest Iv had it in for a couple of weeks but nothing in the can, and seeing the state of the old hoses I'm a little surprised theirs nothing in there yet

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Just bought one similar for £25 quid....level indicator, 19mm inlets/outlets, magnetic drain plug etc etc.
I'll probably stuff some brillow pads (steel wool) in as a baffle. At the end of the day they'll all do the same as the saikou ones.

What I don't like about the saikou ones is you can't get to the baffle to clean or replace it I don't think. That and the £100 price tag!

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Just bought one similar for £25 quid....level indicator, 19mm inlets/outlets, magnetic drain plug etc etc.
I'll probably stuff some brillow pads (steel wool) in as a baffle. At the end of the day they'll all do the same as the saikou ones.

What I don't like about the saikou ones is you can't get to the baffle to clean or replace it I don't think. That and the £100 price tag!
Have you got a link for the one you bought?

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe

How is the can working for you?

Fitkin

Jan 30, 2014
Macclesfield
How is the can working for you?

Fitting it tomorrow mate found it too hard to stay out of the beer gardens with this weather. got a day off so gonna take my time, will let u no after a couple of days of its working though. Don't want to baffle it but might have to

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.