which dealer in Berkshire area for new Leon FR TDI

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
Hi

I'm new to the forum and looking to purchase a new FR TDI in the very near future. I've one or possibly two cars to trade in (my 04 A4 1.8T GmbH sport and my wife's 51 Leon Cupra). I'm hopeful someone may be able to point us in the direction of dealer who is willing to deal:D

Initial thoughts are Emmer Green & Newbury Seat who are one and the same. Humphris in Oxford and Wiltshires in Farnham.

I'm mindful that this maybe should be in the dealer forum but as it was Leon FR specific I thought I would give it a go here:whistle:

Cheers:)

Ghost

Nov 28, 2005
Hampshire
I bought my Leon from Wiltshires and have been very impressed with them. Best of all, when I bought the car they were happy to match the best online price I could find at the time.

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
I bought my Leon from Wiltshires and have been very impressed with them. Best of all, when I bought the car they were happy to match the best online price I could find at the time.

Hi Ghost,

Thanks for the recommendation. Was a trade in part of the deal, if so did they offer you a good price on trade in?

Thanks.

smcicr

I haven't actually done the deed yet as it were but I would second the vote for Wiltshires - ask for Nigel - he was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and genuinely enthusiastic about the FR. I did discuss a trade in with him and he was happy to do it (although i won't be getting much for the old 306...) will try the old matching the internet deal thing though - I think drivethedeal was around a grand cheaper...

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Third Vote for Wiltshires!
Offered a good discount on Leon FR and more importantly gave best trade in on my Altea. Car Due in November as Factory order (ordered August)
Have seen better prices since for the Leon FR but they agreed to hold the trade in value for my Altea for the 3 month delivery time and bearing in mind i cover 24K a year so could have put an additional 6k on my car in those months i think i got a good deal.

Roll on November :D

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Mixed feelings on this one, Newbury is my local dealers but I get my servicing done at the SEAT Service Centre in Camberley as, 1) Much cheaper for the same job, 2) Camberley generally get good feed back from SCN members, 3) I have had two or three bad experiences at Newbury where their mechanics\staff couldn't tell their arse from their elbow, resulting in problems\damage.

Newbury & Reading don't generally get a good rating from SCN members although there are a few happy people. I had to have a new gearbox under warranty last year (I broke down just a mile from Newbury SEAT so that's where the car was towed too), and on that occasion I could not fault them for customer service and the quick turn around time.

Possibly think about buying the car from them but get your servicing done else where.

Last edited:

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
No problems at newbury for me, bought the car (52 plate) there from Richard Huzzies, had all the servicing done with them and now with Emmer Greeens.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
No problems at newbury for me, bought the car (52 plate) there from Richard Huzzies, had all the servicing done with them and now with Emmer Greeens.

When it's service time do you shop arround or just go to your nearesr SEAT dealer? I saved £100 by going to Camberley insted of Newbury for my 20K\2 year service.

Last edited:

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
Well I tried Wiltshires in Farnham, spoke with Nigel and got a good deal on a new FR TDI. Trade in for my Audi was pretty much as everywhere else we tried but in addition he is willing to deal on the FR price, cheers Nigel:)
Thanks to all for the recommendations:)

We should hopefully be picking up our new FR in Zenith Grey + 18"+ Bluetooth next weekend:D

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Hi

I'm new to the forum and looking to purchase a new FR TDI in the very near future. I've one or possibly two cars to trade in (my 04 A4 1.8T GmbH sport and my wife's 51 Leon Cupra). I'm hopeful someone may be able to point us in the direction of dealer who is willing to deal:D

Initial thoughts are Emmer Green & Newbury Seat who are one and the same. Humphris in Oxford and Wiltshires in Farnham.

I'm mindful that this maybe should be in the dealer forum but as it was Leon FR specific I thought I would give it a go here:whistle:

Cheers:)

What about Camberley SEAT?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Strange, the seat site says the camberly one is only a service centre, not sales :|

Im assuming this is wrong as you've bought cars from there?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Strange, the seat site says the camberly one is only a service centre, not sales :|

Im assuming this is wrong as you've bought cars from there?

Hhmm well they moved but i dont know if anything changed because of that, im not sure! They used to be nearer Frimley

They always have cars outside and i have bought both my Cupras from there but then the first one i got four years ago and this one i got last March so it may be different now?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Well it's not far so maybe i'll just pop in and see :D

Now to persuade the GF that a brand new FR TDI makes sense ;)

Yeah they are a good bunch! Speak to Richard or Peter and they should sort you out if they are still doing Sales

They know me so you could always say you were recommended

Let me know how you get on, if you want?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.