Which dealer to use in Kent?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Car needs an oil service. I bought the car from Maidstone Cupra who literally after I picked the car up were no longer Cupra dealers!
I live near Rochester and cant decide wether to go to Bromley, Tunbridge Wells or Ashford.
Any thoughts or recommends on these three please??

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Hi
I have the same problem as I live in Gravesend , in the end I booked my Cupra Leon R in with Bromley for an oil service.
Snap I live in Gravesend area!
I ended up going to Ashford as google maps said the travel times were the same even though Ashford is a fair bit further than Bromley so I thought it would be a nicer free flowing drive to Ashford.

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
I am thinking of cancelling my appointment with Bromley cupra as I wasn’t impressed with there booking service and they didn’t call back etc.

Shame as I used to use Maidstone !

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I am thinking of cancelling my appointment with Bromley cupra as I wasn’t impressed with there booking service and they didn’t call back etc.

Shame as I used to use Maidstone !
Ashford were OK but not totally 5 star. Girl on reception was lovely (Ebony I think her name is) No biscuits with the coffee!
Waited 2 hours and then got told car was ready, would we like it washed? which we declined and then waited half an hour more for the Invoice. Got in the car to find the service lights had not been reset so had to wait a bit longer for the workshop to sort that!
No complaints on the work performed.

Reactions: TÜRKEL

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
Caffyns in Tunbridge Wells arent to bad, where im from. Havent got anything bad to say about them :)

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
Hi guys

So I can confirm DON’T ever use Cupra bromley.
I didn’t realise how soon the service was as they only sent a reminder 2 days ago!
I thought it was next month 🤦‍♂️

I turned up at 9am for a sit in and wait oil service and didn’t leave till nearly 3pm !

My car went in immaculate and come out with lots of hand marks everywhere muddy scuff marks on my copper wheels and even found a magnetic retrieving tool which had dropped down in engine bay . ( I wondered what the knocking noise was on the way home )

And the most worrying part was no one knew about my car or had knowledge on it !
I had to explain it is a limited edition Cupra R ST with carbon fibre trim etc 🤦‍♂️

never again !

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Looks like I dodged a bullet then not going to Bromley! Perhaps I should open the bonnet and have a look around just in case!

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
It was a joke today
I forgot to mention that the three things they found on the car don’t seem to be covered under the SEAT extended warranty!
- misting / leaking front shock
- lacquer peel on carbon trim
- illuminated Cupra , scuff plates not illuminating anymore

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi guys

So I can confirm DON’T ever use Cupra bromley.
I didn’t realise how soon the service was as they only sent a reminder 2 days ago!
I thought it was next month 🤦‍♂️

I turned up at 9am for a sit in and wait oil service and didn’t leave till nearly 3pm !

My car went in immaculate and come out with lots of hand marks everywhere muddy scuff marks on my copper wheels and even found a magnetic retrieving tool which had dropped down in engine bay . ( I wondered what the knocking noise was on the way home )

And the most worrying part was no one knew about my car or had knowledge on it !
I had to explain it is a limited edition Cupra R ST with carbon fibre trim etc 🤦‍♂️

never again !
Shocking that the so called premier brand has dealers like this, CUPRA should be ashamed.

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
I totally agree !

It was so stressful yesterday
You go to a main dealer because you think they will look after your needs

far from it !

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
It was a joke today
I forgot to mention that the three things they found on the car don’t seem to be covered under the SEAT extended warranty!
- misting / leaking front shock
- lacquer peel on carbon trim
- illuminated Cupra , scuff plates not illuminating anymore
front shocks i can understand as there weasr and tear

but the other 2 i would have thought

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
I won’t be going back to Cupra next year
Decided to boycott the place

going to take my car back to my close friend who runs he’s own motorsport garage
Where I know the car will be looked after !

Reactions: TÜRKEL

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
I won’t be going back to Cupra next year
Decided to boycott the place

going to take my car back to my close friend who runs he’s own motorsport garage
Where I know the car will be looked after !
local to bromely?

always good to find a good garage :)

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
That’s the one
I have known Warren for a long time and he really does know he’s stuff !

And the care he has for your car is second to none 👌

Reactions: jiraffe
Mar 19, 2024
Caffyns in Tunbridge Wells arent to bad, where im from. Havent got anything bad to say about them :)
Having a nightmare with that garage, I live in hythe and bought my Formentor from them a month ago and after 2 weeks its overheating when stationary so phoned them up and could only be seen 30 april which now have rung and said middle of may, terrible service tbh.

Chris R

Sep 17, 2023
Gravesend
There seems to be an issue with all Cupra dealerships , I have heard of others having problems.
Not looking goid for Cupra as a brand not to mention they are offering a 5 year warranty now ? 🤣

TÜRKEL

Apr 11, 2021
Kent
FG Barns Group seems to have lost the contract I have noticed the Canterbury & Maidstone branches are boarded up. They were crap though from sales to mechanic

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members