Which Forge Valve?

leed

Oct 17, 2009
hampshire
I am new to hear and new to Turbo's i am the proud owner of a 1.8t 20v cupra and loving the car. i have looked on here and am unsure of the differance between the following please could someone help?

i do not know with one to get and what the pro's and con's are of each, i looked on forge.com and found the following.
i would like a nice DV noise but not that botherd if i do not get it, what i do not want is to loose any power/torque.

thanks everyone will check out this thread tomorow when the boss is not looking,

Fast Road Closed Loop Diverter Valve?

The Splitter, a Recirculation and Blow Off Valve? :D:funk:

leed

Oct 17, 2009
hampshire
Ok cheers mate i did look, but can not find a simple answer im new to turbos but when i get time ill have a read up then there is no stopping me yay lol, i will have another look for a thread that will help me.:drool:
thanks..

leed

Oct 17, 2009
hampshire
i take it The Splitter, a Recirculation and Blow Off Valve on the forge web site is a no go then???

turbin

i take it The Splitter, a Recirculation and Blow Off Valve on the forge web site is a no go then???

alot of ppl have tried that one, me including and I cant recommend it whatsoever. Seems like a faulty design to me. Go with oo7P and you wont look back !

Luke_buk

Sep 5, 2009
South Yorkshire
alot of ppl have tried that one, me including and I cant recommend it whatsoever. Seems like a faulty design to me. Go with oo7P and you wont look back !

i have a forge splitter on mine.

you have to make sure you fit it the other way round to the original dv.
it works the opposite way. (read on forge website)
i agree setting it up can be tricky but once you get it right its loud.
i have a standard mk1 leon cupra with a K&n 57i cone filter.

and i have set my splitter valve 10 clicks back from fully tight. and ive not had any problems.
i get boost all the way upto 10psi and it holds at about 8psi through the revs.

leed

Oct 17, 2009
hampshire
Thanks fella's done some reading up and think the forge 007p is the way ahead. it sounds like the best option.

turbin

i have a forge splitter on mine.

you have to make sure you fit it the other way round to the original dv.
it works the opposite way. (read on forge website)
i agree setting it up can be tricky but once you get it right its loud.
i have a standard mk1 leon cupra with a K&n 57i cone filter.

and i have set my splitter valve 10 clicks back from fully tight. and ive not had any problems.
i get boost all the way upto 10psi and it holds at about 8psi through the revs.

yea, its ok with boost under 12-13psi. I'm boosting 22psi and I altered it around with all click settings and reposisioned it in the engine bay ( can also do this with 007P) but no change in result.

Luke_buk

Sep 5, 2009
South Yorkshire
yea, its ok with boost under 12-13psi. I'm boosting 22psi and I altered it around with all click settings and reposisioned it in the engine bay ( can also do this with 007P) but no change in result.

ime gettig mine remapped soon i hope i dont find any problems.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Im running a 007PA with adjustable vac outlet, so the pipe doenst rub on the back of the engine cover,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise