which fuse for headlights?

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
my driver side HID XENON doesn't work, i've ordered bulbs but then thought It could be fuse

the full beam flickers on and off, loose connection maybe.

I have seen the thread with the fuse box list, but I dont understand the layout

rahmed88

hey i had the exact same problem, i gave up and took them out. i've gone through the forum and others have experienced the same problem. and I've seen various solutions. I've read that you can let the HIDs 'burn in' by leaving them on for about 20 mins and that should help. others recommend moving the ballast away from the light as far as possible. and you're suggesting using a high amp fuse...what to do?? did you manage to fix this? can someone post a solution. thanks in advance :)

SM

To test, why not change the other transformer for this bulb, and backwards? I would try this, to rule out problems in the kit

rahmed88

I swapped the ballasts over, and then also the bulbs. I contacted the seller who sent me another bulb and ballast but still had the same problem. I ruled the problem down to the cars electrics but not exactly sure where. other HID users experience the same problem and always seems to be the drivers side light that flickers and doesnt start. I'm certain people have found a solution but none have posted :cry:

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
It flickers on/off? you tried tightening all the connectors? make sure the kit is a-okay. Grease or debris could cause it, ballast near the alternator? (long shot, but Eddy currents produced by the alternator COULD be playing games with the voltage...) Fuse wouldn't make it flicker? you sure it's clipped in properly.... just ruling out the simples 1st :)

SM

It´s strange, because I mounted 2 kits about 3 year, and i dont had any problem.

The kits are techone trademark.

I thought that the only cars, who fail the kits "no can canceller", were the cars who mark the fail in the instruments board.

rahmed88

yeh i'm sure its all clipped ok. its a kit off i bought off ebay:doh: although it should still work fine. whats the logic behind moving the ballast away from the alternator? still i will give it a go

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
The logic is that, like Transformers, Alternators work off Eddy currents, a magnetic field created by the flow of electricity Normally these fields don't affect much, but if the ballast is close, especially if you have a digital one, it *might* interfere. As I said, Just trying to rule out all the options. Have you tried going straight through the battery? see if it still flickers?

SM

Ok. Then I would try to take a direct ground, rolled into the ballast and plug out. We would do the same as a system antiparasitic of a sensor hall or an anten.

for prove, you don´t lose nothing

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.