Which leons best

Dan1098

Hey all i am looking to buy a mk1 leon but i am not sure which to buy. It would be much appreciated if someone could give me some guidence in which would be best. I am looking to tune but dont know which is the best to do so. I dont want a FR or cupra as the insurance would be too high, i am looking more around the 110bhp and 130bhp.

cheers
Dan

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
dont write off the cupra straight away because you think the insurance might be too high. I moved from a beat up Citroen ZX Volcane (pile of **** blew up) to my Cupra and the insurance was only £150 more a year. I guess if you're a new driver with not many NCB it may cost a lot but get a quote first before saying you don't want one. Its honestly the best car i've ever owned and i've owned quite a few.

Dan1098

cheers guys think ill look more into the cupra tdi then, i get a quote i think it will be around £1500 since ill only just be 18. how much you think im looking at for a cupra tdi?

what ever i get it will be getting remapped ;)

cheers
dan

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
I know of 2 nice ones locally for around £5k
Think the key to buying any car is not to buy a MaxPower write-off :ban:
A good clean genuine car with the best spec you can afford - mods can always come later

Dan1098

yeah that sounds alright :). Thats what im going to look for a standard cupra i would prefer to do the modifications myself.

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
cheers guys think ill look more into the cupra tdi then, i get a quote i think it will be around £1500 since ill only just be 18. how much you think im looking at for a cupra tdi?

what ever i get it will be getting remapped ;)

cheers
dan

Mine cost me 4.5k with 63,000 miles on the clock. That was 3 months ago, so in theory you could get it a bit cheaper depending if you buy private or not. Do plenty of research to see what the current market is like.

Dan1098

Mine cost me 4.5k with 63,000 miles on the clock. That was 3 months ago, so in theory you could get it a bit cheaper depending if you buy private or not. Do plenty of research to see what the current market is like.

That would be perfect, any tips on where abouts to look? ive hada quick look on autotrader and ebay but nothing really, ive got till june like so ill keep an eye out.:)

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
That would be perfect, any tips on where abouts to look? ive hada quick look on autotrader and ebay but nothing really, ive got till june like so ill keep an eye out.:)

Keep an eye on autotrader for sure.

You could also try checking out the forsale section on here, plenty of enthusiasts selling well looked after cars.

Check out Pistonheads as well.

Good luck and let us know what you get :D

I had to go for a 110 SE TDi because of my 6 point run in with the A417....

Gunned at 102.4 in my 1.3 Fiesta.... bad times...

12 month ban, 6 points, £350 fine, £150 costs, Retake Test, and theory...

All so I could get to Ice Skating on time... oops

Last edited:

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
You also have to think of the road tax depending on which you go for, just got my 6 months Sting off the Government & it cost me £115.50 (I think lower bhp costs less)

marcus037

i brought a 2004 leon TDI 90 as i am still young and live in London so got the smallest output engine to save on insurance, but now i wish i brought the bigger 130 bhp engine and just paid the extra insurance. its got so much more power and a 6th gear to play with
i live in south london, pay £600 insurance TPF&T which isnt bad i suppose and tax £110 per year, i dont know about the bigger models regarding insurance groups, tax and running costs but the TDI 90 very cheap to have and run for a young driver

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.