Which one to go? Eicbach pro kit or sportline?

dearly beloved

Dec 10, 2008
I've got new BBS seat sport alloys for my 1.4 TSI.. I want to lower my car's height..Which one is the best? The pro kit or the sport line? I sometimes park my car on the sidewalks and I thought that the sportline can be a problem.. What do you think which one will suit my car best? Thanks for all the replys..
here is my new alloys..

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Sportlines are generally lower than the Prolines by about 10/15mm, personally I'd swap my Prolines for Sportlines if I had the time and money to do it...

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I went with the Pro kit because the roads round here are awful and there are loads of potholes everywhere..

Before:
leon3before.jpg

After:
leon3.jpg

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Sportlines are great mate, i was thinking the exact same thing regarding potholes and speed bumps but really not a problem and the sportlines on here are regarded as having the better ride and also makes it handle alot better:

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I went for the Eibach Pro kit (along with Koni FSDs) on mine due the same reasons that Street gave, the roads that I drive on daily are not the greatest in the world and I have to deal with a few speed bumps on the way too.
If it were a different sitation I would have probably gone for the Sportline kit.
Alex

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I have done the same as Street, pro kit. This works well imo with the standard shocks(mine an fr) looks like it should have done from factory. It`s level front and rear without the "slammed" look.
The Leon rides fairly high anyhow so I doubt it will cause much ground clearence probs whichever you choose.

maximm

hi guys, anybody drove already more than e.g. 30k km on stock shocks but with pro\sportlines springs... everything is fine? i know that there were lot of discussions that shocks won't live too much but anyway... do we have that statistic?

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
Eibach Pro / Koni FSD

Here's my TFSI Sport just after fitting the Eibach Pro / Koni FSD combo about 4 years ago; it has settled a bit more since then. I think that generally the rear will always be a bit higher to allow for passengers and luggage, unless you go for coilovers.
Imgp0055a.jpg

maximm

thanks for info guys! i'll definitely stay in 17s as it is the max possible more\less comfort and safe size for our roads. I plan to order prokit soon, 180Euro and two weeks to wait.:p

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I have tried both loved the sportlines till the colder weather came then got sick of how crashy the ride was and then changed to pro springs and find them alot more forgiving.
I suppose it depends on what the roads are like where you are.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.