White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Still need to try sort the engine mounts out too, vibratechnics are so so expensive though :( emailed THS to see if they could supply them/ think about making some but no reply yet.

I broke my drivers side mount and was thinking about getting both VT's mounts, but as I see it you have to get a new gearbox mount then send it off to VT to "uprate" it. So there is more expence to add the the initial cost of around £350 for 2 mounts

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh, exactly, by the time you're done with the two mounts its 450 odd quid :( im hoping THS get back to me, then thats me and you that are looking for new uprated engine mounts at least to drum up some interest

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Reckon it might be worth asking about a group buy through awesome gti? Thats 3 of us, im happy at 350 to be honest, just dont like the fact you have to buy another standard mount ontop to butcher/ get butchered!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
My quote from awesome gti awhile back:

Vibratechnics mounts:

Upper Gearbox Mount - £240.00 inc VAT (BUT THE OLD MOUNT IS NEEDED TO MODIFY)
Engine Mount - £177.00 inc VAT

so effectively it's 240 for half an engine mount haha

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Cheers Al! You missing yours bait I bet? What did you replace it with in the end?

I will miss it if it does indeed go, I'll have to have one last drive at least haha we will see though, if my friends car goes before mine I've no bother keeping it

Cheers Al! You missing yours bait I bet? What did you replace it with in the end?

I will miss it if it does indeed go, I'll have to have one last drive at least haha we will see though, if my friends car goes before mine I've no bother keeping it

i do miss mine alot just not the mpg and im quite enjoying not having to worry so much about bumps.
i got a mk1 leon fr tdi its saving me so much money its unreal but im really missing the sound and fun of the ibiza i just hope remapping these tdi`s gives a bit of punch similar to the 20vt although im not expecting much from a remap.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Well I've gone and done it :lol: always wanted one and this is as mint an example as im likely to ever get!

0e13b533.jpg

Cupra is back out and currently my daily, loving having it back out. Not sure why I ever wanted it quicker, finding it fast enough as it is after months in my mk3 tdi :lol: will see if it sells/ gets px'd for a diesel. If not I've got a good quote for LPG which will pay itself off in 10 months of running the car but tbh I don't want to put the miles on it and I'd rather put that money into the mk2! Will see what happens anyway!

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Mk2 is awesome!! Always wanted one but only if i have somewhere to store it and keep it immaculate haha! i would love to take the cupra off your hands but keeping my car till august when my wages ho up n i have more money saved :p

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
that looks nice scott,whats the plans for it?
is it an 8 valve? so you now own 3 cars am i right?

Cheers matey! And yep its a proper gti (8v :p) Coilies and rm's/ rs's for now. Got polished stainless door handle inserts, weighted shift rod and ram air filter en route to fit to it when I go pick it up. Other than that I'll just be keeping ontop of it, it's only got 50k on it and immaculate so need to do it some justice haha

Sold the mk3, so just the two cars haha my mum/gf woulda went mental if I had 3 lol

Mk2 is awesome!! Always wanted one but only if i have somewhere to store it and keep it immaculate haha! i would love to take the cupra off your hands but keeping my car till august when my wages ho up n i have more money saved :p

Cheers, I love it, can't wait to drive it home! I've got the garage so pretty lucky in that respect but it is tiny :(

Get yourself treated and buy it, would love to keep it on the forum!

MK2 looks great, all the best with it!
You have a nice set of cars now, wish I could afford a MK2 or a Cupra lol. :)

Thanks buddy, work hard, play hard and all that! Think my parents are secretly excited about the mk2 lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise