White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
It's not back on the road mate and I'm down in London, it's in my mates garage in a sorry state so I'm trying to sell it to someone who will look after it and get it road worthy again. Been looking at a 1.8t s3 or a s14 I like the idea of rear wheel drive but then I think of snow and sway to 4 wheel drive haha.

Saw your Cupra on ph mate you still set on selling it or you just seeing what happens?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Pretty set on selling but not going to drop price much. Got cash sitting there to LPG it but I'd rather it just went to a new home and someone kept it up to standards and progressed with it. Nowt but timewasters so far, both on px deals and cash deals, it really gets you down and gets stressful doesn't it.

Picked the mk2 up today though, done a few bits already haha absolutely love it! Love the character older cars seem to have. My mate I bought it off looked like I'd stolen one of his kids driving away, he's wounded :( suppose I'll be same with the Cupra if/ when it goes.

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
Alrite scott, liking the golf!! Just looking for some advice getting my car ready for stage 2 next month as its been off road for winter I've been working away on it! The way it's stands is milltek TB decat exhaust, forge TIP forge MAP pipe Forge throttle body hose, split-r, ecs stage 1 clutch kit 14lb fly Sachs clutch, new coil packs, power gasket, full service, Brembo max discs n red stuff pads, N valves removed n SAI, is there anything else I should/could do for best power from johns map in April? Hope ya can help since uve done all this already! Cheers Scott!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Alrite scott, liking the golf!! Just looking for some advice getting my car ready for stage 2 next month as its been off road for winter I've been working away on it! The way it's stands is milltek TB decat exhaust, forge TIP forge MAP pipe Forge throttle body hose, split-r, ecs stage 1 clutch kit 14lb fly Sachs clutch, new coil packs, power gasket, full service, Brembo max discs n red stuff pads, N valves removed n SAI, is there anything else I should/could do for best power from johns map in April? Hope ya can help since uve done all this already! Cheers Scott!

What filter are you running?

Updated dogbone mount?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
As Damo said the dogbone mount is a good upgrade for stage 2 but it sounds like you are good to go really!

Got some updates on the golf to copy across soon :D and Cupra is serving me well as a daily again too. Done 750 miles so far and it's averaged just under 36mpg and not costing as much as I had thought, mpg is only 1-2 out from working it out manually. Economy has gone up since I ran some injector cleaner through it and fitted new genuine plugs after it sat all winter.

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
ive got an Enclosed k and n apollo with cold air feed straight into it. the dogbone mount is the lower engine steady? ive ordered the polybush for it from awsome?

36mpg jeez better than ive ever had lol

newsouth power gasket or the badger 5 version (small port),wont definatly make more power but keeps the intake temps down and the inlet manifold feels cold after a drive rather than hot so its got to be doing good.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Stainless overload tonight! Wind deflector arms turned up so set about fitting them. Ended up taking the deflector off and cleaning all the rain gutter out etc no before pics but a few afters:

2b69a23a.jpg

c7d0e3a2.jpg

5d08bd75.jpg

87333514.jpg

62952bc1.jpg

d140dd02.jpg

Rusty standard arms:

46fe7c60.jpg

Only a small cheap change but I'm so much happier about this area now. Sunroof is allot smoother and silent now when it closes too, winner all round!

These also turned up:

b7ee763f.jpg

4b705f4a.jpg

Stainless loveliness:

cb8ab4f5.jpg

Cheers for sorting me out Matty, appreciate that! Hopefully get these on at the weekend. Just need a nice set of rm's/rs's to get it up to where I want it to be now. Doesn't seem to be many sets about though :(

Still no luck with the Cupra, boooooo

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Aye it's gone now buddy. One of my mates from abit down the country has it, so it's in good hands so I'm happy to be honset. Luckily my office is moving nearer to the train station in a couple of months so held out on a diesel for now (and hopefully for good) lol

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
How do you like the R mate compared to the cupra?? Im seriously considering one next getting tired of wee uncomfortable cars. Always wanted one ever since bein in my mates theyre just stunning in every way!!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
It's not as fast or half as aggressive but its just got everything, as an all rounder its awesome. Interiors are amazing (its got the heated half leathers) and its also got the sunroof, which is rare on them and since i got the mk2 i love sun roofs lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members