WHITE LED bulbs

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
Where can I get pure white, not "xenon white" LED bulbs?

(2x 501 bulbs for map lights, 42mm festoon central light, 36mm festoon glovebox and 42mm boot bulb)

Reason I ask is I ordered two xenon white bulbs from ebay and they are too blue for my liking, jus wanted pure bright and brilliant 5000ish kelvin white. Any recommendations? as all the bulbs on ebay seem to be blueish white

I can't believe it's so looong to find white bulbs! lol

Thanks

Last edited:

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
I just changed all the bulbs in the car to LED bulbs... can't recommend doing this enough. Halogen bulbs are a joke! I didn't get pure white bulbs, but xenon white, (actually blue) which looks fine as the leon is blue! lol

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
These might be worth a shot for the money, I know they say HID Xenon but they are quoted as being white?

e-bay item number 260357011036

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
i used prism leds in my st and they still had a blueish hue to them even tho they were sold as white
CSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
LOL EL, those I have as aswell, they are blue aswell. Thanks anway.

Seems as though LEDS and Xenons bulb retailers are infecting each other with colour blidness. In fairness, LED in xenon white looks ok!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
LOL EL, those I have as aswell, they are blue aswell. Thanks anway.

Seems as though LEDS and Xenons bulb retailers are infecting each other with colour blidness. In fairness, LED in xenon white looks ok!

Seems you have been around mate :lol:

I got these also, seem pretty white on my car. Mind you I do have 8K HID's!!