who has modded their 1.9 tdi 110 ?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
Just asking as im looking to do a few bits and bobs to mine when i get it and was wondering what you have done and what kind of bhp your spitting out?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
I've changed my air filter.

Picks up a bit quicker. No real major gains though.

A remap might be the option your looking for.

Ben

yeh im getting a new air filter and a remap...was wondering what kind of gains id expect to see?

oh and im looking at a leon at the mo for 2.5k but has done 110k miles....should i go for it or not? the miles shouldnt matter too much on a diesel?

Mines just kit 106k and runs sweet as a nut. These engines are bomb proof if well maintained.

Filter and map should see 145 bhp, which should give you a very noticeable difference.

Maybe get a new engine mount and TIP (if you can find one)

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
Mines just kit 106k and runs sweet as a nut. These engines are bomb proof if well maintained.

Filter and map should see 145 bhp, which should give you a very noticeable difference.

Maybe get a new engine mount and TIP (if you can find one)

can you explain what these are mate?lol and what they do :lol::shrug:

Remap - Serial port software tuning. Changes your fuel mapping to unleash power by removing flat spots.

Filter - Air filter, can be a new panel or an open cone filter.

TIP - Turbo intake pipe, goes between the air box/MAF and the turbo. Can collapse when car gets remapped, so a reinforced silicone one is a good idea.

Engine mount - Stiffens up the mounts of the engine, allowing it less give on take off, improving traction.

I hope this helps...

Ben

brad1

You dont have to worry about changing the TIP on a tdi as it comes with a plastic one, some come with metal, or you can upgrade to metal, soon i weill be getting a full TIP in blue from SFS ;) You only have to worry about a collapsing TIP on a 1.8t petrol ;)

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Remap - Serial port software tuning. Changes your fuel mapping to unleash power by removing flat spots.

Filter - Air filter, can be a new panel or an open cone filter.

TIP - Turbo intake pipe, goes between the air box/MAF and the turbo. Can collapse when car gets remapped, so a reinforced silicone one is a good idea.

Engine mount - Stiffens up the mounts of the engine, allowing it less give on take off, improving traction.

I hope this helps...

Ben

i thought this only happened to the 1.8t 225 :confused:

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
how easy are engine mounts to change? are there any engine stabilisers? my engine is quite wobbly, especially on the passengers side. What bout the pipe from the intercooler up?

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
ive had a AMD remap , filter and straight through de-cat system which im on about 150 there abouts and just about to order up 130/150 manifold , forge egr replacement pipe , forgemap sensor, custom FMIC and bigger injectors which should see me in the 170s im hoping

hope that helps

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members