Who knows 100% the difference between se and sx leon?

dano2387

HI EVERYONE, POSED THIS QUESTION IN PART OF ANOTHER THREAD, BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE CONFUSION..... WHO KNOWS? I CERTAINLY DONT.
CHEERS DAN:cartman:

dano2387

OK IM GETTING A LEON SE IN MARCH AND PLAN TO GET ALLOYS AND LOWER IT? Whats the best size to get and how much should i lower it by? cheers

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
When you say Air Con, do you mean the Climate Control or the bog-standard AC? The wifes 1.4S has AC, but not Climate Control. My LCR has Climate Control.

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
think it also depends on whether you are talking petrol or diesel!!

My 110 tdi SE has electronic climate control as standard. Body coloured bumpers as standard, although the very bottoms of them (the valences) are black whereas the sx tdi has them coloured.

The alloys were different on the two models, however I really liked my standrad se ones. I have changed them for 17's now anyway.

Engine wise, they are the same.

SX tdi has a silver surround on the stereo too, but i prefer mine being all black.

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Also, the interior seats are different. The SX ones are 'mercury' whereas the SE is black. Also having checked parkers, there were more optional upgrades like leather seats, electric seats, and sat nav on the SE.

Parkers also says the SX doesn't have air-con.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
My 2004 SX tdi, definitley has climate control (which obviously then has air con with it too!), so parkers is completely wrong there. But my 2004 is the facelift model, maybe there is some differences there too?

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Hmph, actually maybe I'm wrong. Just did a quick search and found this: http://sheffield.gumtree.com/sheffield/07/43656307.html look at the interior shot.

Why does the stereo not have the silver overlay on it as well?

The Parkers info says that the SE had Climate Control until 2000, the SX had it all along

my 51 plate 2002 se tdi has electronic climate control

think it also depends on whether you are talking petrol or diesel!!

My 110 tdi SE has electronic climate control as standard. Body coloured bumpers as standard, although the very bottoms of them (the valences) are black whereas the sx tdi has them coloured.

The alloys were different on the two models, however I really liked my standrad se ones. I have changed them for 17's now anyway.

Engine wise, they are the same.

SX tdi has a silver surround on the stereo too, but i prefer mine being all black.

my 110 tdi se has body coloured bumpers with black valance but black textured rubbing strips!

it'll be a 02 plate. im buying in march and planning to get a blue or black one with white wheels. thanks:D

I have an imperial blue 51 plate se tdi. Its the best colour when its clean and shining but has the thinnest paint in the world and will scratch easy.

Gah! Maybe Seat just threw random badges on the cars?

yep we already knew that anyway. I have electronic heated folding wing mirrors when models of better spec dont. Think its probably mainly down to the options on purchase but then think they were a bit all over the place in the factory to be honest.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.