who stole my remap ? maybe found the fault at last

Aug 24, 2007
as DPJ and a couple of others know, I had a bit of trouble last summer with my remapped LC.

The leon spent a week with SEAT trying to find the source of my boost problems. Various tests and tweaks were done and in the end a sticking actuator led to the turbo being replaced. After that the car ran really well and appears to boost normally.

The car has since had the following bits fitted. Green filter, 007 and a THS t.i.p.

Today while waiting to get my Milltek fitted I used the free time to get it dyno'd and the results were not good :cry:

rr1-1.jpg

rr2-1.jpg

The guys ran VAGCOM and found nothing wrong so they copied the map off the ecu and got their software tech to look at it.
Apparently some of the blocks are incomplete (corrupt??) or haven't been changed and this is why the power is so low and the graph shows flat spots ??

I won't even try and pretend I know what this means, hence me posting ;)

Is it possible that SEAT overwrote the ECU ?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
the tech that fitted it was almost as impressed as I was with it.

Brilliant build quality and it was easy to fit. Looks almost factory but sounds very nice :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
doesn't look like OEM torque - that's normally pretty level

Your Power flatlines, which suggests MAF or airflow restriction

What's the requested & delivered boost like?

Aug 24, 2007
No idea mate, looks like I need some help to do some logging then Mark ?

Could an airflow restriction be the piping to the airbox not being good enough ?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you're using a 1.4 airbox maybe....

You need to log it.

But I'd be looking for stuff like an intercooler half full of oil if your boost is 'right' but the airflow is down

Aug 24, 2007
tiny bit of oil, consistent with the amount in the air pump on the t.i.p :(

Aug 24, 2007
no induction problems that I could spot, even swapped out the N75, 100mm air feed now fitted just for safety ;) really need to get vag-com at home.

Have emailed Will [B)]

edit: road trip to p-t on wednesday

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
well I had a nice trip up to P-Torque and all seems well with the map.

The car tried to bite Will as it was seriously in need of tracking, now sorted, and wanted to leave the RR :ban:
4th gear run gave it a chance to stretch its legs, paramount used 3rd ?
Still need to try cleaning the MAF.

rr3-1.jpg

The Milltek has started to sound really nice now it has a few hundred miles on it. Damn back box is too big to be really loud though :D

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
Discovered a split breather hose under the inlet manifold today after inspiration from another recent thread :lol:

Could a burst manifold breather be the cause of my cars flat line ?

I hope so :)

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
According to the graph, power is 203 bhp which is not too far off. Torque does seem to be down though. Car is obviously boosting properly now, would recomend you get some vag-com logging done.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Discovered a split breather hose under the inlet manifold today after inspiration from another recent thread :lol:

Could a burst manifold breather be the cause of my cars flat line ?

I hope so :)

I put my money on it ... make sure you reset ECU so it can relearn after... I had same issues that you've experienced and it was all down to that poxy pipe under the inlet manifold...

My remap is back on the car now and god does it shift :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.