MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Would be interested to know what dealers are currently quoting for delivery times on Cupras. I ordered mine at the end of April, a Monsoon Grey 280 5dr Manual through on a personal lease (very good deal indeed, was originally looking at 1.8FR but Cupra was only £2 a month more....). After initially being told the car would be built at the end of May and delivered in July I was happy enough, then this turned into 'Build Week 32' (I worked this out to be early August before hearing factory shuts that month so not sure what that equates to).
Getting a bit cheesed off with ever changing stories I called the supplying dealer who have been great, they cheerfully informed me my car was in for Build Week 40 (late September) so with me by late October/early November. I briefly considered binning the whole thing and heading for a Golf R (very tempting lease deals at the moment if you are ok with standard spec and low annual miles) but the dealer called me back to say they could get me in to an identical Ice Silver Cupra in a couple of weeks, so that's where I'm headed, delivery should be mid July. Not my first choice colour but another 4 months for Grey wasn't an option for me.
Thats a terrible turn around, why is it taking them so long. I think thats the longest turn around time I've heard of.

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
I ordered mine in mid march and was originally told to expect it at the end of may. Fast forward to the end of may and the car wasn't built until last week which I know isn't a terrible turnaround. The dealer whilst trying to make me feel better said that if I were to order the car today I wouldn't see it until November! I did order pretty much every option though.

A few questions for those with a cupra already:

1) Does it come with the official cupra car mats?
2) I know you need media leads to sync up your mp3 player etc, what lead and they give you? USB/Ipod?
3) The middle cubbie hole doesn't seem to have a closeable lid, is this true? (other leon models have a lid)

Thanks

MegustaZX

May 28, 2014
Ordered!!

Cupra 280, 5 door, manual, monsoon grey
Sun roof
Performance Pack (no cup tires)
+ about everything else except soundsystem, navigation and leather

Expected delivery november... Possibly october, if the stars align with the saturn moons :)

MegustaZX

May 28, 2014
Re AndrewJB

I'd never ever use the satnav over google maps hence no satnav
The sound system option is deleted by the Performance Pack
The Cup tires are (according to my brief research) quite dangerous in heavy rain, and I will be lugging around wife and son (18 months old)... sooo no semi-slicks for me :(

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'd never ever use the satnav over google maps hence no satnav
The sound system option is deleted by the Performance Pack
The Cup tires are (according to my brief research) quite dangerous in heavy rain, and I will be lugging around wife and son (18 months old)... sooo no semi-slicks for me :(

Ah Yes i forgot the PP removed the SEAT Sound option.

MegustaZX

May 28, 2014
Re biker

In sweden the satnav is a £ 700 option, cheap compared to BMW's (was looking at m135i before) which is like £1500, but still too much considering google maps rocks harder :funk:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Found a video which is quite interesting. Well, it's boring really, but the info is interesting. Seems to imply that a standard 280 puts out closer to 300PS.

http://youtu.be/YmiJq_UJxJ8

Am i missing a trick here or is that cupra AWD :blink: Look at the rollers it's on....awd rollers? I don't know much about rollers but sure when my cupra mk2 went on ONLY the front wheels were turning on the front rollers while the rear wheels were static....... :confused:

Mar 13, 2011
In sweden the satnav is a £ 700 option, cheap compared to BMW's (was looking at m135i before) which is like £1500, but still too much considering google maps rocks harder :funk:

You are wise to save your money. The satnav is unimpressive, I certainly would not have spec'd it if it were not standard.

Bower1990

Apr 12, 2014
Northumberland
You are wise to save your money. The satnav is unimpressive, I certainly would not have spec'd it if it were not standard.

I was in a Seat Alhambra going down to the Goodwood festival of speed thursday just gone. The built-in sat-nav was actually comical, we weren't sure we had heard right at first....

"Turn left soon..."

"Stay on this road for...A long time" haha on the odd occasion she would say mileage instead.

Assuming the cupra's sat-nav is the same?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I was in a Seat Alhambra going down to the Goodwood festival of speed thursday just gone. The built-in sat-nav was actually comical, we weren't sure we had heard right at first....

"Turn left soon..."

"Stay on this road for...A long time" haha on the odd occasion she would say mileage instead.

Assuming the cupra's sat-nav is the same?

Yeh the latest Biza Cupra is just like that.:lol: