Wind deflectors... issues

owenwestby1

I've recntly bought some wind deflectors for my Leon and they look ace imo. However, I'm having a bit of a problem with the passenger side window. When I try to close the window, the window decides to go all the way back down because its thinking something is trapped in the window. Its opening so you don't get your head or fingers trapped, i guess!

My question is can you turn "anti trap your head/ finger safety function" off?

Or has anyone else had this problem and how did they overcome it?

Its only happening on the passenger side door, drivers side is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Owen

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, had this problem on my LCR when I first fitted wind deflectors - after a while the seals will form around the wind deflectors and it will stop doing it - other than that, perhaps put some kind of rubber lubricant on the seals to aid the window closing so it doesn't sense the resistance?

owenwestby1

Thanks for the quick reply mate. Lube sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

owenwestby1

I am thinking about getting some of these, are the relatively easy to fit?

Thanks,
Danny.

Danny, they're pretty easy to fit however I did snap a little bit off one of the 1st set I bought because I was heavy handed. Woops. They come with a fitting guide and take no longer than 2 mins a side. Easy and relatively cheap mod which looks good.

owenwestby1

Does anyone have a pic of deflectors fitted please

I've added a picture of my car with them fitted in my album on my profile because I don't know how to upload a picture in a thread :shrug:

If you want more pics just let me know and I'll get some more done.

Owen

owenwestby1

Vaseline works a treat btw. Window closes first time every time now. Thanks Dannyc87 for the suggestion.

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
i have this prob with my rear os deflector pain in the arse can happen 2 or 3 times before properly going up . will try the vasaline trick today c if it solves it .cheers

heres a pic of mine on the mk1
DSC00026.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members