Window issues - Up is Down! & Down is Up!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Okay folks, here is an odd one for you, so bear with me.

Ibiza Mark V – 5 Door. 2010

First thing was the driver’s door wouldn’t open from the outside. Now I am really careful with cars but apparently it needed a new door handle (the internals I guess).

So car went in and new handle was fitted and door operated fine.

BUT the windows no longer worked and jumped around on their own (back and front). They worked perfectly before.

So back the car went for a new window motor in the Driver’s door.

Now the window went DOWN one touch. BUT wouldn’t go UP one touch. Apparently this they thought was due to a compatibility issue with a new part and 7 year old car and we needed a Passenger door window motor.

So yesterday we had a new Passenger door motor fitted but this hasn’t solved the problem in fact it has caused an additional new problem – Pull UP the passenger window switch and it goes DOWN, push DOWN the switch and it goes UP (one touch)!

They tell me it is not as simple as something being the wrong way round so it is booked in again for next month for a week to be looked at again. They really just DON’T know what the issue is (even having spoken to SEAT UK).

I have to say at this point that I haven’t paid for either window motor, but I am now getting a little frustrated (g/f more so as it is her car and has less patience). I can live with the absence of one touch UP but not the reversal of all the passenger window operations completely e.g. the Passenger window does one touch UP now but not down and the others do DOWN but not UP

Has anyone else had this happen? Cheers all

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I had this happen with a second hand window motor I bought off ebay. On my 59 Ibiza I had 4 window motors fail (including one twice) - I notice they were branded Mentor made in France !!! Oh dear this is not what you expect when buying a Germanic VW group car.

I traded the car in before I had chance to change the coding on VCDS, but DM222 informed me that changing the coding from 000000 to 020000 or vice versa will change the up to down or down to up depending on what you have got.

I got so fed up with window motors failing and rear door water leaks (including mushrooms) I traded it in for a 2014, 2 door SC so far so good !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob66

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Cheers Vinny. I don't have VCDS, but I'll pass this on to the garage.

It's a great car but this is starting to get annoying now.