Windows, Mirrors, and magical things....

d.e.hill

Hi guys,
Quick question.....

I've been having a look at making my windows and mirrors close and fold automatically on locking the car (1999 mkII Toledo 1.9Tdi SE), like happens on newer SEATs. (also, mirrors floding out when unlocking wouldn't be a bad idea)

I've had a look at the autowindow reflex, which looks great, but I've also heard rumours Vag-com or the secret Climatronic menus can be used to active this?

Anyone any ideas if this is right? I'd love to make it happen, even on my slightly older car!

Cheers,
Dave

d.e.hill

That sucks entirely! I'd be quite keen on getting it done, but not sure the Autowindow is worth £70 just to close windows and mirrors, then open mirrors. I doubt I'd use the rest of the functions in truth!

The only reason I want it is that I don't use my electric mirrors really beacuse I forget!

Is there any cheaper or other way to get them working automatically?

Cheers,
Dave

d.e.hill

Thanks for that, having had a look, that does look like a cool ldea, especially coming into summer.

I've read some of these posts about using a DOS based program and a special lead with your laptop to do the same thing, but it seems like a lot of jiggery pokery!

Will the kvw100 work on a a late 1999 toledo then? I notice it's not listed in their list of cars it works with!

Alternatively has anyone local set up the computer/lead/dos system and fancy giving it a go? Based in Durham in the North East.

Cheers,
Dave

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise