Wing mirror noise folding

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
Before I bought my car I noticed a knocking/clicking noise when the mirrors went in auto. The sales guy said it would be sorted by pickup 2 weeks after, anyhows I got a lift to the dealer around 4.30pm and got ready to take my car home, only to find the noise is still there. The Windows click when going in and there's no smooth action. To save travelling 2 hours back, can I sort this myself with some oil? If so how? Thanks.. Oh and also the fog light was smashed and only just realised GREAT

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
When I looked over my car I noticed a fog light was smashed so I got him to replace it, apparently it is common for them to smash/crack

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
No sorry mate, I can hear the
Motors on mine when the mirrors fold in but I don't think this is what your on about.

I'd say that the motors are sticking, first thing I would do is ring them up And complain that it hasn't been fixed,

I had a nail in one of the tyres when I looked at it and when I picked it up and got back home I noticed it was still in there, rang them up and the next they sorted it

owenwestby1

Yea I only noticed when I got home, maybe I can try and get them to send a replacement. Any ideas on the mirrors?

I sent my car in for some warranty work and a service on Monday. I mentioned about my creeking mirrors when they fold in and they greased them up. They work a treat now.

owenwestby1

If its a clicking noise, then the motor is moving too far. I work in a Ford garage and this is common on fiestas with folding mirrors. It normally means a new motor is needed...

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
They fold in at the right level but it's just a noise, I don't want to drive 100 miles again, ideally I want them to send a fog and grease mirrors myself if I can, where do I start? Thanks

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I had clicking mirrors on mine and the motors were replaced under warranty. Its a door card out job which can be done but is a real PIA so is best done under warranty.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
This is a known fault, tried WD40 on mine at first which cured it for 10 days.
Took it in just for this and was changed under warranty.....no questions asked.
They even said bring it back if the other one starts squeeking...........which it is now.
This is a nice earner for dealers (from Seat)

gletts

GL53TTS
Jan 7, 2008
Crawley, West Sussex
Yup, just had both mine replaced under warranty too. Car was just over the 2 year old mark, so in the 3rd year.

Mine squeaked/squeeled/groaned when they folded in. Quiet and smooth as anything now :)

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
My off side one has made a noise for quite some time now and I've just lived with it. Next time the car is in for a service I'll request them to grease it up.

I did however have an intermittent problem with the near side one and it sorted itself out. Strange???

Cheers

RickyD

*Lou*

Princess Lou Lou
Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh
www.bebo.com
My car (albeit its an ibiza but i have the electric folding mirrors) makes this noise too. I took it in for a warranty repair, which tbh fixed it.... for about 2 weeks... Then it came back, so the car is going to have to go back in ago. Its like the motor is beginning to go. :(

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
My off side one has made a noise for quite some time now and I've just lived with it. Next time the car is in for a service I'll request them to grease it up.

I did however have an intermittent problem with the near side one and it sorted itself out. Strange???

Cheers

RickyD

If it is in warranty mate get it changed and not greased!!!!

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
well im going over to birmingham tomorrow to get it looked at! he was planning to grease it i think, but im going to get him to change the motors i think

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.