Winter Service Detail

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Dave returned to me yesterday to have his Leon FR TDi cleaned up. The car had a full multi stage de-swirl about 10k miles ago and some minor swirling was now visible.

Unfortunately we didnt get any before pics - too busy catching up and moving cars and van around :wall: :D

We soaked the car with the Chem Rae Snow foam, rinsed down, and used the two bucket method to wash. The left over water was used for alloys and arches (pre-soaked with APC).

The car came clean really easy, especially noticeable on the alloys - the Megs #20 clearly still doing its job very well!

Once dried and taped up we moved into the garge and linked up the rotary and PC.

First up was the Blackfire Finishing Polish. I applied using a wolfgang polishing pad on the rotary, speed 1100. It cleared the minor swirls ans scratches with ease, allowing Dave to follow me round using the PC, a finishing Pad and some Auto Gloss from Auto Chem-Rae.

This was a sample sent to me as a result of the snow foam demo. My Altea was washed and dumped back into the garage some time before Xmas. Not had any time to do anything with it, it still had water drops on it from four days ago!!! hey I did dsay I had been busy. As Dave had arrived so early we used some MF pads to apply the Auto Gloss to teh Altea as a test and see how it turned out. We were both suitable impressed by the deep gloss so decided to try it by PC and also let Dave see how durable this one step is!

We re-applied a layer of Megs #20 to the alloys and used some Chem-Rae tyre shine on the tyres. All glass done with QD, as Dave had used Rain-X not that long ago.

Here's the afters:
eb6a3034.jpg

eb6a3035.jpg

eb6a3011.jpg

eb6a3016.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
some closer shots:
eb6a3036.jpg

eb6a2ff2.jpg

eb6a3033.jpg

eb6a300f.jpg

eb6a3015.jpg

The weather wasn't the brightest day, but the pics give an idea of what we achieved in a two step detail!

My opinions on products used:

Blackfire - great progress polish, really gets on with the job. Finish not as slick as one by Pinnacle SR, but quicker and more agressive. Dust - the damn dusting almost saw me loose my rag at one point! I hate products that dust. dave very kindluy left me a sample bottle of this, I will use again, but due to the dusting wouldn't use my hard earned cash to buy.

Auto Gloss - an amazing deep glossy shine for a one step product. The result by a quick hand application to just clean up the Altea shocked me! By PC the results are equally good and provide a finish and appearance similar to the best sealants. Its no carnuba wax result - certainly not Souveran stuff.

Thanks for reading.

Iain

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Iain comes to you! Think Oxford though may be too far!

Looking great that Iain though, super job. When you do that do you take it all back down to the paint, ie no sealants or wax on or do you apply over what is already there?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Cheers Iain, another great job on my car. Probably get it in sometime in the summer too for bug and tar protection.
Even with the rain and road mist, the car still looks great on the drive.
:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.