Wiper problems; VCDS say they're on but nothing happens

G-baby158

Jul 28, 2013
Hi all, had a problem with my wipers for ages now and it's really annoying!
The car is an 03 pd130 sport and I've already changed the stalks to no avail.

What happens is you have to play around with the stalk (keep pushing it up and down loads) to get the wipers to actually activate and work. Sometimes they'll work on the first go but very rare, same as if I pull the stalk to clean my wind screen the fluid will come out but the wipers won't go.
I plugged my laptop in and went onto the measuring blocks for wipers and when I pull the stalk up for the wipers to come on I hear a click from under the dash and vcds detects that the stalk has been moved but nothing happens at the wipers . Really frustrating to say the least!
Any ideas anyone? Once the wipers are going they will stay going if left on constant but not if left on the first setting.

Also something else to note is that my intermittent wipers have never worked since owning the car either? I think my car is suppose to have them because it's got the part on the stalk for it but not sure if it's just on later models ect.

Thanks for your help :)

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
Chase the wiring from the motor back, checking for loose connections or corroded earth points.

A PC is not the only, or best, way to diagnose faults ;)

G-baby158

Jul 28, 2013
The wiring goes straight into the body so can't trace it back unless I take the dash out which I don't want to do really.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.