Wireless Android Auto - What Am I Doing Wrong?

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I'm done. Tried all the above and shows no sign of AA device being available until I plug the cable in.

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
Missing hardware on 2020 ( early 2021) cars ?

I've noticed that Wireless Android Auto wasn't mentionned on the user's manual until June 2021 version

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Missing hardware on 2020 ( early 2021) cars ?

I've noticed that Wireless Android Auto wasn't mentionned on the user's manual until June 2021 version
Agreed, mine was registered in June 2021 and has wireless AA. It worked on 1803 software too.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
It may have only updated the software, if the car doesn't have the hardware installed for wireless then it won't work
Thats a good point, be interested to hear from anyone who owns an early production and running wireless AA

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Thats a good point, be interested to hear from anyone who owns an early production and running wireless AA
I have a 2021 Arona that was built in Jan. I needed to use OBDeleven to get the AA wireless to work. The hardware was there, but it wasn't turned on in the system.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Apparently my vehicle is equipped with the hardware for wireless AA to function, I am not normally stumped by things like this, but on this occasion I really am stumped.

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Apparently my vehicle is equipped with the hardware for wireless AA to function, I am not normally stumped by things like this, but on this occasion I really am stum
If you're hardware has AA but the wireless function is not working, then most likely an OBDeleven will be able to turn it on for you through adaptations.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
I'm having the same issue.

Early car, was stuck on 16xx. Had the update this week to 1896 and no Wireless AA (my courtesy 22 plate connected wireless no problems).

I'm 99% sure it's not been enabled as part of the update. In fact, I've gone as far as having a look with VCDS and the 5ghz/Google options are set to 'no' and 'USB Only'. But I don't have the knowledge to enable it with VCDS.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I'm having the same issue.

Early car, was stuck on 16xx. Had the update this week to 1896 and no Wireless AA (my courtesy 22 plate connected wireless no problems).

I'm 99% sure it's not been enabled as part of the update. In fact, I've gone as far as having a look with VCDS and the 5ghz/Google options are set to 'no' and 'USB Only'. But I don't have the knowledge to enable it with VCDS.
Beginning to think the same. I have tried every suggestion provided and the system refuses to offer a wireless connection.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Beginning to think the same. I have tried every suggestion provided and the system refuses to offer a wireless connection.
I've enabled mine in VCDS (had to change 5ghz from off to on and also Mirrorlink/Andriod Auto from USB Only to Yes.

Restarted the system and it connected instantly to wireless.

Reactions: imran999

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
It's also worth trying a different phone. As I mentioned my Pixel 2 didn't work wirelessly but the Pixel 5 did.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
I have a 2021 Arona that was built in Jan. I needed to use OBDeleven to get the AA wireless to work. The hardware was there, but it wasn't turned on in the system.
How did you do that mate? We have a 2021 Arona and that would make life easier for the Mrs!

ClusterPutt

May 29, 2022
Helensburgh
I've enabled mine in VCDS (had to change 5ghz from off to on and also Mirrorlink/Andriod Auto from USB Only to Yes.

Glad you got it sorted! At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's VCDS? I deffo want to tru to sort this in mine if I can

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021

VCDS and OBDeleven will enable it 👍