Wireless Android auto..

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Good afternoon!

Just curious if anyone here has managed to get wireless android auto working on a '21 Arona FR?

Seems, for some reason, my Android auto will not work on the Mrs car anymore but works perfectly fine on any other car I try AA with. I believe these have wireless android auto but it's just not enabled somewhere?

bloodnok

Jun 22, 2021
I thought you only got wireless AA on the face lifted cars. My experience lux was an October 21 face lift car and it has the wireless AA and it works very well.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
I believe it can be coded in via OBD11 or Carista, just curious if anyone has actually done it on the Arona.

Tell

Staff member
I pinned this one up on the Ateca side where someone enabled their mib3
to do it which just needed enabling.

Mib3 under going numerous firmware updates I can't say I'm on top of it. @East Yorkshire Retrofits suspect will be on which firmware releases support which as delivered.

Some Android phones then need you to enable wireless AA in the developers menu. That's specific to Smartphone. Given your phone is enabled for wireless AA when working on some units not others, it's going to be where Seat were holding wireless AA back for extra payment (that's the DIY turn on one that people found) or it falls into the category that they are rolling out a firmware update but you haven't got it or they have no intention. One of the three.

Reactions: Sly870

Tell

Staff member
As long as the Arona is on the firmware series where that fix works. On a general point Obdeleven Pro coding will give you VCDS type of coding whilst Carista just runs pre defined apps (macros) like the non pro version of Obdeleven which runs the micro payment apps. Obdeleven becomes "Pro" via unlocking it with a Pro license code. You can then twiddle with settings to your hearts content whilst within license. That is 12 months on the latest price plan.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
As long as the Arona is on the firmware series where that fix works. On a general point Obdeleven Pro coding will give you VCDS type of coding whilst Carista just runs pre defined apps (macros) like the non pro version of Obdeleven which runs the micro payment apps. Obdeleven becomes "Pro" via unlocking it with a Pro license code. You can then twiddle with settings to your hearts content whilst within license. That is 12 months on the latest price plan.
Just ordered one of those too..

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
So just an FYI:

The Carista didn't work so I got the OBDeleven PRO today.

Wireless android auto now enabled :D Took me 2 minutes. Thanks @Simon45 for your post describing what to do.

Reactions: Tell
Aug 5, 2023
Hi, I'm from Bulgaria . I recently bought a SEAT ARONA STYLE 1.0 TGI CNG 90 hp 2023. It is equipped with Media System Color with an 8.25" color touch screen and 6 speakers. The description of the car says -SEAT Full Link wired & wireless including Mirror Link + Apple Car Play + Android Auto. However, I couldn't get Android Auto to work wirelessly, it only works with a USB cable. Is it possible that it is locked in software or simply the hardware of the multimedia does not support wireless. And can it be activated?

System information
Device catalog number: 5FЈ035869В
Hardware: 110
Software: 1761
Media Codec: V3.31.19.05.2020
Bluetooth:
SW: BGv2.11r14446 + MFO300, HW: 1PD
Station logos: 1.30.22
VIN VSSZZZKJZNR076115

Thanks !

Aug 5, 2023
I don't have Obdeleven Pro. I would appreciate it if someone could check by VIN number, whether the multimedia has WiFi.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise