Wiring loom differences?!

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
ok, it seems from research that the wiring is the same but they enter through the bulkhead in different locations? anyone confirm this?

also, I have an ecu but its imobilised, and I need a new wiring loom as the old one has been cut. So... If i buy a new wiring loom and get my ecu decoded they will work together?

thanks, kyle

SEATgod

Completely different looms mate, the immobiliser type is different as well so the components would not interchange!

What are you trying to overcome?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the actual engine loom itself is the same up to the large round connector on a few models but considering it's only a few basic connections anyway i'm not surprised

ABF loom list

Golf 95-98
Passat 94-97
Cordoba 97-99
Ibiza 97-99
Toledo 92-99

Engine bay wiring is more model specific sadly

Last edited:

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Oh ok! Thanks for that

the loom I've got has been cut and upwrapped and it's just taking too long to figure it out so to save time I was just going to buy a new loom, also the ecu I've got is imobilised, but I've got the chip and ring things, but my mate said that because the ecu has been unplugged it would have lost it's code? So I would need to get it recoded? But this doesn't sound right to me!

If I got a new loom from an Ibiza it would work with the ecu I have?

I'm getting confused!

SEATgod

If you are changing the engine control unit you will need the keys and the immobiliser control unit, they are linked in threes!

If you have none of these there are no guarentees you will get the engine control unit to work at all.

The coding is all sorted on ROM, so it cannot be forgotten if they have just been unplugged!

Fl@pper, you have kind of contradicted yourself mate!!

Did you mean the "BODY" loom is more specific (after the aircraft style connector).

I think that is what you meant! ;-)

The engine loom will be ok as it is just the loom for injectors and sensors etc.

The hard bit will be the body loom and mainly the immobiliser components!

TTFN

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
there are ecu places that will test your new one and remove the immobiliser part anwyay if you wanna get rid of all the hassle in one go

may be worth considering as an option

and yes :rolleyes: by engine bay loom i mean the one under the bonnet around the engine - engine compartment as it were

I didnt call it body loom as that locally is relevant to the interior looms dash/rear lighting etc that was all - sorry if it confuses anyone

Last edited:

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Ah right ok, yeah I have all three imobilser components from the donor car, so there would be no need to get the ecu reprogrammed?

If I can get just a new loom then, and use the ecu and imobiliser control stuff I have?

Thankyou for your help!

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Another stupid question... just to clarify

I have the ecu and imobiliser box and chip from the donor car, its just the loom that needs replacing because the previous owner chopped it up!, so i can buy another loom from an ibiza gti and ill be fine? the ecu wont need recoding and it wouldnt have lost its code?