Wiring loom routes.....

Bob_D

Jun 12, 2008
I'm just about to put a towbar on my newly acquired Altea.....

Does anyone have any offers on the best route to get a wire from the boot to the fusebox for the 12v feed to my bypass relay..... there's no clue in the Elsawin illustrations about what route the existing looms take.

And yes, I know that out behind the rubber seal ot the tailgate over the roof and back through the driver's window is easiest, but it'll make an annoying tapping noise at speed!!!!:doh:

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
look to the right behind the battery in the bulk head, there's a rubber grommet, poke a hole in this, feed it through here and aim/head towards the glove box, there's a route here you just have to search a bit (!!), wire will come out beneath glovebox, now it's simply a case of squeezing it up under carpet trim all the way along into the boot, mate of mine's a towbar installer who made it look pretty simple, best of luck

Bob_D

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks Phil, I'll give it a go when the sun comes back up.... no doubt I'm about to discover just how clever your fitter mate is at making difficult jobs look simple..... there's a serious danger I may be able to tow my boat to water this year after all!! :worship::worship:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members