with a custom cat-back my exhaust pops a bit, but what can i do to make it go BANG!

May 31, 2008
If you had a carb all you would need to do is quickly turn the engine on and off again ;)

Mr White

Decat, straight through, get rid of the baffles and lamda sensors. But you better have a nice pocket and you know youll loose some speed by doing this.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
chav!

Decat will help...... mine shouts out flames now and again and back fires just as it drops past 3k lol but thats due to the over run with the throttle bodies

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
My mates mk3 golf sounds mental and spits flames , he has a straight through pipe from manifold to the back box, also the backbox you have helps alot, he had a magnex and it didn't do it but he now has a cheap fk one and you can't shut it up!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
if by wantin my car to sound the way i want makes me a chav thn a guess am the bigist chav goin :confused: :p

So you want to p!ss off your neighbours and people where ever you go? Plus loss power with a complete striaght thru exhuast????

Why not get a saxo and fit a cherry bomb instead?

xr2wishitwere

or fit a turbo and run it rich on overrun :)
my xr2 does this as i haven't had time to dial in overrun fuelling.

xr2wishitwere

**** the over run a bit of unburnt fuel in the exhaust isn't bad! :D

i know, but it's money wasted, bad enough barely getting in double mpg figures on average driving :cry:
although it does keep the turbo spinning as the fuel hits the hot turbo :)

nath lav

newbie in the placeeeeee
Jun 23, 2010
newcastle upon tyne
So you want to p!ss off your neighbours and people where ever you go? Plus loss power with a complete striaght thru exhuast????

Why not get a saxo and fit a cherry bomb instead?

not as much my neighbours but yup...love pis*in ppl of where ever i go. makes the drive al worth the while! haaaaaaaa:lol:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
i know, but it's money wasted, bad enough barely getting in double mpg figures on average driving :cry:
although it does keep the turbo spinning as the fuel hits the hot turbo :)

If you tune an engine for power then why moan about mpg??? :lol:

I have used 2 tanks of petrol to drive from my house to castle coombe do 3 sessions on track and drive home.... but the engine is far from standard so who cars about mpg! ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise