Wlan? Jukebox?

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Hi all,
What's Wlan and how does it work in a car? Also how does the jukebox work in the car stereo ?
And lastly how to people find electric seats??

:)

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
The latest cars have WLAN but no hard drive.

To be honest I haven't figured out the point of it yet...

Connection sharing:

OK you can get some devices to be on a common WiFi network, but you could just do that using one of the devices? And as far as I know the car doesn't have its own SIM card, so you could only use WiFi apps that don't need internet.

Internet connection:
You could connect the car to a WiFi hotspot and then share the internet connection to other devices. But why wouldn't you just connect those devices to the WiFi hotspot?

Does the infotainment system gain any features from having an internet connection?

Maybe I'm missing something but I really can't see what use the WLAN is!

Deleted member 103408

Can only go by whats on the 2018 manual

The "jukebox" is located on the hard drive of the Infotainment system (SSD a) ).

Personally I use the car to drive, Radio or Mobile Phone connected by Bluetooth gives me all I need the rest is just more tech for tech sake and take you mind of driving the car plus as it gets old when it goes wrong it will cost a fortune to fix.

Yep grumpy old man..

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Can only go by whats on the 2018 manual

The "jukebox" is located on the hard drive of the Infotainment system (SSD a) ).

Personally I use the car to drive, Radio or Mobile Phone connected by Bluetooth gives me all I need the rest is just more tech for tech sake and take you mind of driving the car plus as it gets old when it goes wrong it will cost a fortune to fix.

Yep grumpy old man..
You're playing my tune - if you pardon the pun

babyhawk53

Apr 7, 2019
is it something to do with the traffic updates on the satnav. You will need access the internet to get live traffic reports. Today my satnav changed my journey halfway through, because it said the M602 had just closed. It also shows congestion on routes. I had my phone connected to the system so wasn't sure if it was using my phone data to access the internet.

Reactions: Neil Francis