Wont idle, Funny missfire

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Car idles lumpy as hell, which is expected from the cams but it wont idle after a rev or if you dip the clutch on the move it just stalls.

if you sit on the spot and rev to about 2/2.5 k it starts to miss, but when you drive its fine,

other thing is that when you accelerate low down in the revs it just makes loads of noise before going anywhere, just a lot of sucking but no power.

And i think its overfueling.

Lots to go at peeps, any advice welcome. Engine in question is a 1.8 16v ADL

Cheers

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
mine did this, i thought it was the decat but i ran the car on super unleaded for a bit and stuck some ATP injection cleaner through it...coupled with the customary cleaning of the TB it seemed to go away.

I think Suj has a similar problem that was caused by a bad earth connection.

If you hold the revs at say 3k it should clear but it was an anoying problem.

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
What happens is if you try to hold the revs at 2k you can gradually press the peddle more but it wont rev anymore and then it jumps onto all 4 and immediately revs to about 4, but i have noticed its chucking abit of oil out the back when i say a bit its quite alot actually! Piston rings?

But now i have sorted the exhaust out it drives 100% better, i just dont have any idle still,

On initial start up it idles fine on 4 and after about 5 seconds drops to three? Gah its rather annoying and im supposed to be driving 500 mile round trip to e38 in a week or so ha

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
id try checking all the seals an your air intake if theirs any little holes could be whats making it go mad also check the tension on ur throttle cable and see how its reacting when its idling may be too tight or lose

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members