Woohooo new car...

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Got the new Gti home safe yesterday, 263 miles in one hit trouble free, temp stayed fine no unexpected creaks of noises, clutch feels fine, panel gaps are all equal, air con was cool as you like, Recaro's are clean and ok wear wise, but wasn't quite the car I was told about over the phone but still (just about) worth the £1,400 I parted with.

The biggest annoyance was it was filthy both inside and out!

I'll get some pics up when I've given it a proper clean and removed all the Chav tastic www.I'm-a-twat.co.uk stickers & Lexus rear lights!

A list of a few thing's that I need to do ASAP so any parts in the list people have lying around give me a shout!

Damn good clean
Removal of decal's (any advice on not damaging paintwork would be helpful)
Steering Wheel (Urgent as the leather's split and is coming off)
Rear Lights
Rocker cover Gasket
Suspension Kit (on Pi springs and knackerd shock's, rides like a pogo stick)
Std Grille with SEAT Badge!
Decent Enclosed induction kit (currently has K&N cone :()

also does anyone know of a good & reasonabley priced bodyshop in Essex as one of the rear arches is bubbling slightly so are the joins on the sills so want to get that nipped in the bud ASAP!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Glad you got her home at last:D shame not qite what you were told but sure she'll be exactly what you want soon enough:funk:

I agree, it is a little bit of a shame it wasnt what you were told. Needing stuff done to the car isnt at all bad. Its part of the fun isn't it??

You hardly ever get a car which is perfect when you buy it, theres always something you want to change/tweek to make it individual and make it your own!!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Well done mate, especially as you've bagged one with recaro's and air-con! I gave up looking and bought the cordy ;)

As for the decals, use a hair dryer to heat them up and then use a plastic card to gently peel them away from the paint. Finally use tar remover to get rid of any stubborn glue and then polish :)

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Cheers Guys, here she is in all her Chav glory

dubsysibiza4.jpg

dubsys21.016vgti.jpg

BLACKPEARL1.jpg

Light covers were removed before I even drove her away much to the amusement of the dealer I bought her from! Will get some post Chav one's up next week, won't get any attention this weekend as off to Turnmills tonight for a night rocking to Ferry Corsten & Eddie Halliwell & a super sunday sesh for my mate birthday!

Want to get it in a reasonable state for the Prept meet at Brands on Wednesday & VW Players at North Wield Sunday!

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Nice looking car, paint looks really clean. Agree with what you say about removing stickers and stuff but i would probably keep the grille. Looking forward to the after shots now !

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.