Worth buying an import (2nd hand)?

Thunderlem

Oct 12, 2007
Harrow, Middlesex
Does anyone know if there are major differences between the UK spec LCR and the european one? I've found a RHD import at a very good price, but I'd rather not let myself in for a world of pain... :headhurt:

Thunderlem

Oct 12, 2007
Harrow, Middlesex
True. But if it was pre-registered overseas would it not take some time to change the plates/ownership?? I think I would be able to spot crash damage. (nothing to do with any experience I may have in crashing ;) ) Overspray on black might be hard to spot tho.

Thunderlem

Oct 12, 2007
Harrow, Middlesex
Well im serious about buying an LCR at some point :)

Might have a word with one of the lads at my local Seat garage. Maybe I can tempt one along for the journey.

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
the car is right hand drive, so im guessing it was initially registerd in the UK then shipped over, now its being sold back in the uk cause it would be worth more,

sound far fetched by my guess is it was owned by some1 who came into alot of money, brought a new car, moved abroard, took car with them, decided its not for them, not fussed about cash, selling it cheap in UK.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
This may sound stupid... but where else in the World are there RHD LCRs ?

Thunderlem

Oct 12, 2007
Harrow, Middlesex
Well I got a message back from the owner. Apparently the car is in Italy at the moment. Strange, since the advert was posted 1 day ago. Also, his reason for not keeping it was due to 'import taxes'...which apparently I would not have to pay, but he does.

Frankly, I'm not convinced by the response. Not going to touch it with a bargepole :(

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
be VERY careful! there are scams about where people think they are buying a cheap good deal car then when you go to buy it you get robbed. I think this was the same person who i was going to buy from on autotrader but it sounded too good to be true when i called up so i didnt bother. Take an army with you!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I've seen this car for sale before, months ago when I was looking to buy it was not that cheap and I'd say that advert is fraudulant. Stay well clear. Plenty of good examples about.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members