Would This LCR Be A Good Buy??

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Hi,

I'm in need of some advice :(. I thought you guys might be able to help me make a final decision...

I’ve been offered a 55reg Platinum Grey LCR with 9,000 miles on the clock for £13,995. It will come with left over warrantee and has the factory fitted Sat Nav option (which was apparently a £1500).

I have been offered £3000 to trade my 52reg Fiesta Zetec-S (immaculate condition, 59,000 miles) against the Leon. I think if I sold it privately I would only get £3800 and it needs a service in 1,000 miles, new pads, disks and the tax runs out in FEB.

I'm a little concerned that the prices of LCRs might plummet once the new Cupra is released and was wondering what you guy's thought???

Do you think a 55reg LCR is worth £14,000???

Also, if I purchase the car should I ask that it be serviced before I pick it up as no doubt it will be due one after a further 1,000 miles?

I’ve not seen the car yet but providing its in good condition do you think I would be a fool to turn down the offer?

Thanks
Alex

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Doesnt seem to bad, have a look on autotrader to get a feel of what they are selling for on that year. At the end of the day its going to depend how long you keep it, i was in this postion with a focus RS when the new ST came out, it comes down to if you want the car but it, if your thinking that much you dont really want it lol!!

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I really want it and thats the thing. I guess its because I've never taken out a loan for a car before (only a small loan is required) and £14,000 is a lot of money so I want to make sure it's a good deal.

If I'm honest I'm so excited and I hope it's perfect. I've been saving for 18months now and all I've ever wanted (car wise) is an LCR. I have thought about an RS and Civic but the LCR has always been the pick of the bunch.

So should I ask for it to be serviced??? Anything else???

Thanks for all your help :)

(P.S. I know I sound like a little child but I really am excited. You wouldnt have guessed that I'm 26 :happy: )

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I've been out in a Civic Type R a few times but because I spend a lot of time on the Motorway the power delivery of an LCR suits my style of driving. I'm not saying the Civic is bad car but I just don't fancy hammering it day in, day out to get places. You also see plenty of them about and I'd prefer to be a bit more "individual."

RS's are nice cars but if i'm honest I'm done with fords (all I've owned is fords). I'd really like a change if you catch my drift.

I have test driven an LCR before and tbh I fell in love with it :)

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
would I be out of order asking for it to be serviced? What do you think my chances are of getting it serviced before I pick it up?

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
if you don't ask you don't get! even if you only get him down £200 it's better in your pocket than his.

SteveD

Oct 22, 2006
sound about right. Gray from what delers say it more sort arfter. you will what service, frount tyres brake pads

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
What would you say would be a reasonable amount to try and knock off??

I was told that they are going to advertise it for £14,500 but because they sold the last one and I said I wanted it they will knock the price down to £13,995. They supposedly found this car especially for me...

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
sound about right. Gray from what delers say it more sort arfter. you will what service, frount tyres brake pads

I'm guessing because it has only done 9,000miles the brakes and tyres should be in pretty good nick??? I would have thought new filters, an oil change and a stamp in the book would be enough??

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Always be cheeky and ask. They want your business and will do what they can to see you a car.
Things like services don't cost them much so are usually easy to get added into the deal.
A full tank of petrol is always worth asking for aswell.

paul26982

just be quiet pushy, they wil give in, even it might be just abit

SteveD

Oct 22, 2006
I'm guessing because it has only done 9,000miles the brakes and tyres should be in pretty good nick??? I would have thought new filters, an oil change and a stamp in the book would be enough??

mine had done 10139 and i had them put new tyres on it....

have a look on the

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/used-cars/linkpage.html

give you an idear of price also if they say the have the car for you. then you are in thr driving seat as if you walk way then they have lost out.

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Is Platinum Grey the most sought after colour? Ideally black is my colour of choice but beggars cant be chosers :-(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members