Would This LCR Be A Good Buy??

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
Is Platinum Grey the most sought after colour? Ideally black is my colour of choice but beggars cant be chosers :-(

i had been looking for an LC or LCR in blue for ages then spotted my Extreme Blue LC. I knocked back a Black LC with full leather for the same price to get the blue - which i think surprised the dealer. the mileage was better too which helped the decision. Each to their own.

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If the car is £13995 and they are offering £3000 for your ZS, tell them you can only go to £10000 + your ZS. Tell them it doesn't matter if they give you more for your car, knock money off the Leon, or a combination of both. Make it clear your maximum price is £10000 + your car and then make it clear you'll only buy it if it is serviced properly and taxed.

They will probably tell you that they can't do that, at which point you say you may have to look elsewhere then, which is a shame as you have the money burning a hole in your pocket and you really want THIS car ;)

They want your money more than you want that specific Leon. There are plenty of other Leons out there, but there aren't that many people with £10000 in their pocket and a nice car to trade in. Remember that, remember that you don't have to worry about upsetting the dealer and stick to your guns :)

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
If the car is £13995 and they are offering £3000 for your ZS, tell them you can only go to £10000 + your ZS. Tell them it doesn't matter if they give you more for your car, knock money off the Leon, or a combination of both. Make it clear your maximum price is £10000 + your car and then make it clear you'll only buy it if it is serviced properly and taxed.

They will probably tell you that they can't do that, at which point you say you may have to look elsewhere then, which is a shame as you have the money burning a hole in your pocket and you really want THIS car ;)

They want your money more than you want that specific Leon. There are plenty of other Leons out there, but there aren't that many people with £10000 in their pocket and a nice car to trade in. Remember that, remember that you don't have to worry about upsetting the dealer and stick to your guns :)

well said mate

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
1 1/2 months ago I paid £14,600 for a Silver LCR.
It had only covered 2,500 miles. It was serviced, a years tax and a tank of petrol was thrown in.

I did part ex my Corsa SRi but I though I got a pretty good px for it as it needed a bumper/bonnet repsray due to stone chips.

Yellowspeed

Hi,

I'm in need of some advice :(. I thought you guys might be able to help me make a final decision...

I’ve been offered a 55reg Platinum Grey LCR with 9,000 miles on the clock for £13,995. It will come with left over warrantee and has the factory fitted Sat Nav option (which was apparently a £1500).

I have been offered £3000 to trade my 52reg Fiesta Zetec-S (immaculate condition, 59,000 miles) against the Leon. I think if I sold it privately I would only get £3800 and it needs a service in 1,000 miles, new pads, disks and the tax runs out in FEB.

I'm a little concerned that the prices of LCRs might plummet once the new Cupra is released and was wondering what you guy's thought???

Do you think a 55reg LCR is worth £14,000???

Also, if I purchase the car should I ask that it be serviced before I pick it up as no doubt it will be due one after a further 1,000 miles?

I’ve not seen the car yet but providing its in good condition do you think I would be a fool to turn down the offer?

Thanks
Alex
If you can wait till the end of February you will get what you want and more. That is statistically the best time to buy any car. The stealers will kill themselevs for a deal then. I have always gone into the stealers hard and strong, remember you are the customer they are the sales people the louder and stonger you argue your case the longer they will listen and will want to gain your custom. The customer isnt always right but when buying a car you have to be the one holding the reigns. Be very very blatent and show that you know what you are talking about, do not at any costs allow the stealers to waffle about stuff, show them you have mettle and you will stick to your guns! Wow thats a big waffle from me!

Ad

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
10k Service thrown in by the dealers is the minimum I would expect with that deal, and I suspect the minimum the dealer is expecting to have to do too given the mileage.

cuprablue

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
no it wasnt they changed the spec. Shop around but at the very least make sure they throw in a full tank, the next service as its nearly due, mats if there arnt any and a few hundred off.

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
no it wasnt they changed the spec. Shop around but at the very least make sure they throw in a full tank, the next service as its nearly due, mats if there arnt any and a few hundred off.

I'll try my hardest...I think they think they have one over on me as they said it will be advertised at 14,495 and they will offer it to me for 13,995. This is because I said I would go and look at another car (2 weeks ago) which they promptly sold to another customer.

Do you still think I have a chance of lowering them by a couple of hundred?

I have my heart set on it now...Just hope its a good one!

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
nail the ba****ds into the ground mate, there ain't many people with money to burn at this time of year, Sandy Claw is just round the corner and little johnny definately doesn't want a leon cupra r coming down the chimney, even if his dad does !

STPCG

Enzo Ferrari next :-)
Nov 10, 2006
Lincolnshire
I got a black 55 plate FR+ 150tdi with 6000 on the clock with a tank of gas, the rest of the 3 year warrenty, fitted Mats and service for 13,995 in Nov and I would say that was a good deal. You should atleast get the service and mabey Mats for that. Bargain hard it's they who want you money in the long run.

2005 LEON FR+ 150 in BLACK MAGIC
DIRV RULES

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.