• Yes

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.7%

• Total voters

Sergio

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds and/or London
As the title says, would you have another? I've found the Mk3 Leon to be the most frustrating car we've owned. The seats are shocking on long journeys with no real support, you get reverse when you want 1st, there is a lot of road roar and you can hear the fuel sloshing about. Despite all that it's a fantastic car, proper fun on the right road and it looks great, but when it's due to be replaced, I'll be looking elsewhere. I've driven 50 cars at least and it's the only one that's given me back pain, we've got a chav spec BMW F20 as well and it's just in another league for comfort. It's 64 plate 2.0 TDI 150 FR by the way.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Definetely yes but a Cupra :) currently driving a 184 fr.
Only annoying thing are the rattles..booked in for this month to sort them, never had any of the issues you've mentioned :)

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I went from an FR 150 ACT to a Cupra, couldn't be happier. The FR was perfect once the dealers finally got the rattles sorted. And people wonder why I hate doors slamming.

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Had my 1.4 150 ACT now for two years and thinking of a new car once warranty runs out and the 184 diesel FR is firmly in my thoughts with a few other cars so yes.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
I currently own the better big brother car in a vw 2016 golf gt (apparently) and have had nothing but problems.been in the dealers 7 times in 12 months.
rattles,clunks,electric handbrake sticking.
the most expensive car I have bought and the car ive had most problems with.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I'm on my 2nd mk3 but I won't be buying a 3rd. I gave up on getting the rattles "fixed" about 2 years ago. I also understand the road noise, it is loud in the cabin area, a lot louder than my Transit van. And the seats I find comfortable most of the time but when I did a long journey to Croatia last summer my back was aching so bad by the end, it was a god send that the shower in the hotel had a massage setting. Next car will hopefully be an Audi

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I replaced mine with a 3 series recently.

The Leon wasn't a bad car to be fair, but the many little annoyances are what made me go for something else. I got sick of the auto levelling lights not working, the suspension creaks, and numerous electrical 'gremlins' that never seemed to be there when the dealer took a look.

I wouldn't tell anyone not to buy one if they like it enough, but neither will I buy another.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Have already bought a second. Had a 14 280, now got a 16 290. None of the issues listed previously. Find the buckets more comfortable than previous standards. Occasional rattle but nowt major. Tyrenoise is acceptable, and can change depending what you fit. Would I buy another? If the price is right, yes!

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
don't say that Miguel lol!!!.im currently waiting for my 184 lol.
It's not bad but I expected more from a diesel :)

In regards to the seats I've done a 1000miles trip last summer and found them ok, the passengers in the back were moaning a bit but front seats are fine in my opinion

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I have to say I found the seats to be fairly good on the whole. Perhaps the seat base is a little flatter than ideal but I'd never have said it was uncomfortable. Noisy, but never uncomfortable. The road noise in my ST did get tiresome on long journeys though.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
doing 39.2 in my golf tsi so I'm quite used to bad mpg lol!!!.
how u finding the power in the 184?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Nearly 3 years old now, and only fault was a rear lens misting up and replaced under warranty. Will buy another sometime, but as I don't have any rattles etc and it is still like new, will be keeping for a while yet.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
thank god for that lol!!!.I made the right choice then.is yours manual or dsg because I see a hell of a lot of owners with dsg.ive had ordered the manual 6 speed.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
thank god for that lol!!!.I made the right choice then.is yours manual or dsg because I see a hell of a lot of owners with dsg.ive had ordered the manual 6 speed.
Manual, never drove an automatic, this is just my 2nd car but I would like to try it as lots of positive comments around :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.