Wrap or get them sprayed

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I'd get then wrapped, that way you can easily go back to the original silver if you sell the car.

As to some buyers black mirrors on a car that's not black just look, well black and reminds them of the black non colour coded mirrors that used to come on base model poverty spec cars, although some people might like it, but if selling to a car dealer they would certainly prefer them to be body coloured
:)

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
a guy at work painted his Punto caps red to imitate the Abarth version but they started to go pink in next to no time and now they're just ragged and scruffy, white patches with a hint of red.

Last edited:

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
As to some buyers black mirrors on a car that's not black just look, well black and reminds them of the black non colour coded mirrors that used to come on base model poverty spec cars, although some people might like it, but if selling to a car dealer they would certainly prefer them to be body coloured
:)

Questions the decision by Seat to put the Black mirrors on my 280 then? Knew i shouldn't have bought poverty spec!! :p

Don't worry, i get your point. I would be amazed whether most dealers would notice to be honest, especially if you were trading the car in.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
but the 280's are Piano Black not bin liner black :D aka the type of shiny finish that would still propagate swirl marks even in the vacuum of outer space :doh:

Diesel184

Apr 29, 2015
Hi. I found a seller of eBay selling mirror caps painted to your paint code. Seem reasonable price although I don't think I want to know if they aren't. This way you keep the old ones and replace them later and sell these if you want to go back.

can't post a link as not enough posts but search for Seat Leon mk3 mirror.

Ross.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I managed to pick up a set of titanium mirrors off eBay for a decent price :)

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I've spoken to two local and well regarded vinyl wrap places and surprisingly both have recommended that mirrors should be sprayed where possible. The wrap apparently won't last as long and be as well finished as other, flat surfaces on the car.

It's actually cheaper to buy a set off ebay which come pre-sprayed anyway. So no problems returning back to original colour if you keep your the covers in a safe place as per Diesel184's comment ^^^

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I've spoken to two local and well regarded vinyl wrap places and surprisingly both have recommended that mirrors should be sprayed where possible. The wrap apparently won't last as long and be as well finished as other, flat surfaces on the car.

It's actually cheaper to buy a set off ebay which come pre-sprayed anyway. So no problems returning back to original colour if you keep your the covers in a safe place as per Diesel184's comment ^^^

wrap will always last longer than paint, ive had mine done for over a year and its still there...

but that ebay deal is a steal so Id go with that if i was you

Diesel184

Apr 29, 2015
Just a note of caution. Mine haven't turned up yet so I don't know what the quality is like. Hopefully they will arrive early next week. I'll report back when they've arrived.

Ross.

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
I'd get them wrapped, I plan on getting mine done in gloss black as well as the bottom of the front bumper

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
Great, I need to plasti-dip them for my Le Mans theme so saves masking!

SEAT_LeonCupRacer_02.jpg

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
Just a note of caution. Mine haven't turned up yet so I don't know what the quality is like. Hopefully they will arrive early next week. I'll report back when they've arrived.

Ross.

Any news yet as I am interested in doing the same

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise