Wraparound ambient lighting

josh2023

Sep 12, 2023
Ireland
Is it possible to get ambient lighting installed in my Cupra Leon 1.5 etsi ?

I can only adjust a red light on the doors and footwells.

There is a glass tube running along the dash and doors. Don’t think it contains any light filaments.

Would the head unit need to be replaced in order that the ambient colours can be displayed?

Dec 8, 2023
Unfortunately not without spending a small fortune. Ambient lighting is FoD and so requires a license that isn't officially available to allow it to function.
Hi, I have the similar issue but with a different model car. Mine is 2021 Leon FR with the normal 1.5 TSI engine (130 hp) and manual. I have searched for similar vehicles sold in my company with the same options and saw that the led strips on the dash are not installed. After buying the car, I confirmed my worries about the subject.
My question is, is it possible to retrofit the led strip on the dash? I have it on the doors but its inactive. I have seen that people can code to activate the ones on the door, with the color options. However, for the dash one should install the led strips and presumably some other electronics and wiring.
Have you seen such an application of retrofitting the smart ambilights? Thanks in advance.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.