WTCC Puebla Mexico This Weekend

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Why is that??????

Regulations, similar rule in the BTCC. Except the cars must be nominated in the BTCC.

16. a) The FIA World Touring Car Champion Drivers’ title will be awarded to the driver who has scored the highest number of points, taking into consideration all the results obtained during the Events which have actually taken place.

b) The FIA World Touring Car Champion Manufacturers’ title will be awarded to the Manufacturer which has scored the highest number of points, taking into account all the results obtained by the best two cars classified per manufacturer during the Events which have actually taken place. All the other cars of that same manufacturer will be invisible as far as scoring points is concerned.

17. Points for all titles will be awarded for each race at each Event according to the following scale:
1st : 10 points
2nd : 8 points
3rd : 6 points
4th : 5 points
5th : 4 points
6th : 3 points
7th : 2 points
8th : 1 point

All the results obtained during the season will count for the final classifications.

Please don't ask me to explain the success ballast, because that's really complicated :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you get ballast for winning points. and you get ballast for leading the championship

I think also get it if you don't have a BMW too

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
b) The FIA World Touring Car Champion Manufacturers’ title will be awarded to the Manufacturer which has scored the highest number of points, taking into account all the results obtained by the best two cars classified per manufacturer during the Events which have actually taken place. All the other cars of that same manufacturer will be invisible as far as scoring points is concerned.

17. Points for all titles will be awarded for each race at each Event according to the following scale:
1st : 10 points
2nd : 8 points
3rd : 6 points
4th : 5 points
5th : 4 points
6th : 3 points
7th : 2 points
8th : 1 point

All the results obtained during the season will count for the final classifications.

I see so if the two highest SEAT's are 5th and 8th SEAT will only get 5 points?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
you get ballast for winning points. and you get ballast for leading the championship

I think also get it if you don't have a BMW too

Something like that, i think your right. :cartman:

I see so if the two highest SEAT's are 5th and 8th SEAT will only get 5 points?

Yep i believe that's the way it works, hence why they haven't romped off with the manufacturers lead as much as you might expect.

Could you explain the success ballast as I find it really complicated to understand..?

Right you asked for it. :)

SUCCESS BALLAST
79. «Success ballast» will be applied as follows:
a) To all the drivers having scored Championship points as follows: 1 kg per point.
b) To all the drivers taking part in each Championship event, according to the sum of the points obtained in the two races. “Success ballast” is imposed according to the following scale and is applied only for the following Event in which the driver takes part:

1st: + 30 kg
2nd: + 25 kg
3rd: + 20 kg
4th: + 15 kg
5th: + 10 kg
6th: + 5 kg

In the case of drivers having scored the same number of points at the end of an Event, the highest handicap fixed for the relevant positions will be applied to all; i.e. if two drivers are classified equal 3rd, they will be given the 20 kg handicap weight for 3rd place, while the 15 kg handicap weight handicap for 4th place will not be awarded.

c) A 30 kg ballast weight will automatically be allocated to each driver entered on a race-by-race basis as defined in Article 36 d) of the present regulations. For the last Event of the season, an average of the top five success ballast weights calculated for the Event concerned will be applied to all drivers who are not entered for the full season as defined in Article 36 a).

d) Handicap weights a), b) and c) will be cumulative.

However, the maximum “success ballast” when theabove three ballast weights are applied shall not exceed 70 kg.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.